Grills with built in Smokers, are they any good?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Looking to spend some money on a grill. Cost is not a real factor short of HOLY $%*! kind of thing.. LOL

In looking around, I have found a few that have built in smokers. Just looking for input as to if they work or if it is nothing more than a selling tool.

Thanks in advance...

Coastie,

I saw one at Tractor Supply that covered all the bases. It had a gas grill side and a charcoal Grill side both with separate lids and an attached smoker compartment for the charcoal side. It also had a side burner. They have it in black cast iron for $350. If I hadn't gotten a Kenmore Stainless one a couple of years ago, I would go with this for sure. I think the link is good. The picture there doesn't do it justice.

Take a look,

The Big Dawg

I've done aluminum make shift smoker boxes in my propane grill for making beer can turkeys the past few Thanksgivings, they always turn out well but I don't know how much smoke flavor there is compared to a real smoker.

I have a real smoker, so getting a smoker in the grill is not critical. That said, if they work well and they are not a nightmare I would buy my gas grill with a smoker built in.

The reason for the post is to get your opinions, for those that know, if they are worth having or not relative being part of a gas grill ??

I have a wood chip/smoker box for my Weber gas grill that I got at Lowes. I think it works pretty good. As long as it fits between the flavor bars and the grill grates.

we had one for about 8yrs with a built in smoker, it was awesome the smaller chamber would smoke a roast or something all day then at the end of the day pull it off and GAH! sooo good

and when we didnt smoke stuff it made an awesome charcoal grill...which is the best to grill with anyway :supercool:

Have you checked out the wood pellet smokers? Have a friend that swears it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

FYI- Home Depot has a Brinkmann Barrel Smoker advertised as a "Special Buy" for $59.

Sale runs from 5/27 thru 6/2. Not sure if this is what you had in mind.

Either way, appears to be a good deal with nice features. :haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts