Graduation gifts - suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zuber

Reaction score
Our son is graduating soon from high school. Not counting a new car or ST, what suggestions do you have for a gift? We would like for it to be something personal - any ideas?:unsure:

For my nephews graduation, we got him a engraved platium key ring. We had it inscribed with a short message telling him how proud we were of him, and of course some cash. Since his parent got him a truck, it was a nice companion gift.

Depends on what he likes. My parents gave me a surfboard for my graduation present. They took me looking for one and it was fun. You could do the same, just take him out one day and let him pick it out.

We were planning to get him a car, but he recently received a scholarship to study and work in Germany for a year. And he really isn't into sports and other related things.

+1 for the laptop. I got a Powerbook from my parents for graduation and the thing has been a lifesaver in college.

-Heather in OC

A laptop is an excellent gift. It works well with other things too (DVDs, MP3, etc.).

Or

Beer stein and set of shot glasses. He's going to college - in Germany - after all.

Then there's the old standby of alcohol, money and a hooker.:eek::unsure:

A stack of $2 bills and a note that says that the girls dancing will think that they're really $20 bills until they look closely and by then they're off the stage. :D

I really don't have any ideas, money for later maybe, like when he gets home?

i graduated hs a year ago. i didnt get much, just help on the payments on my vehicle.

i bought the laptop myself since my parents bought my PC for me a few years back, and i dont really get presents from them since they help me out financially like going with them to the home country.

Also i got a big smile on my parents face, thats all i really wanted, to see them happy because they immigrated here without going to school here.

but a laptop would be nice, dell has some good deals, mine is the inspiron 6000.

my eldest sister who is now 30, got a brand new 94 5.0 gt mustang. well she was the 1st born.

If he has a colledge all picked out, open an account in his name at the book store and deposit funds for him there.

I have done this with several relitives and they have all commented on what a neat gift it is. You can vuy so much stuff there.

If I were you I would think about getting him a nice watch. Its something he can have for ever and in some ways can be an investment if you buy the right brand.

ipod, laptop, printer, any type of electronic is pretty much essential in college. if you're looking to spend less money, anything monogrammed is pretty much the "in" thing to get a college guy (wallet, money clip, nice pens, paperweights). i'd suggest the laptop or ipod though. ipod especially if he plans on running or working out any and or he listens to music while studying.

Latest posts