got the permit today, and a new addition.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
got my pistol permit today after 3 months! i was getting itchy man. but i hear some town take alot longer. went to my buddy's shop and picked up a Springfield armory XD40 compact. got a good deal from him. i fired the XD40 sub compact and liked everything about it except for the sub compact part, so i went with the compact. came with a holster, 2 hi cap mags, 2 mag holder, speed loader, and my buddy threw in a box of .40 for me. i went with it cause i feel it is a very safe first time carry gun with the grip and trigger safety, round in chamber indicator, and "firing pin cocked" indicator. almost went with a glock 19 and walther PPS, but i wanted the safety features. anyone have experience with them? i hear they are very easy to maintain, durable, dependable, and accurate.

Awesome man, I knew exactly what this was about before I read it! I just got mine about 3 months back and I carry a Taurus SS 1911, not the greatest conceled weapon to carry but I love it. Welcome to the club and good luck.

CHRIS

I applied for my permit a couple of weeks ago. I was told it should take 30-45 days. I guess I'll see. Congrats on the purchase. I have a Ruger P95 9mm with 2 10 round clips and a 30 round clip. I am currently shopping for a compact because I think the Ruger is going to be to big. I've been looking at the Taurus 24/7 models but haven't found one in any stores yet.

I'd got a XD9 with a 4" barrel. It's fun to shoot and hasn't jammed other than when my wife decided to catch her thumb in the slide. I've put approx 1000 rounds through it.

Sooo, let me get this straight... With your permit your allowed to carry a concealed gun around with you? And if so, what do the cops think about this?

That is the purpose of it being concealed. Most cops don't have a problem with it. having a concealed weapons permit is just enforcing an existing right that we have under the 2nd amendment. When seconds count, the cops are minutes away. To possess a CCW(Carry concealed permit) the person is investigated by the county, township, ete to see if they have any criminal record or domestic violence issues. Only a law-abiding person will apply for a CCW. The criminal by defination can't and won't apply because they are already law-breakers and will not bother.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

P.S. I'm looking at the glock model 28 the .40 Cal compact. My smith sigma is too large to carry comfortably.

I carry a G26. The sub compact Glock. Rob A. you might really be surprised to hear we have some states that don't require any permit at all to open carry on your hip.

Sweet. I love the XD series. My brother-in-law has the XD9 and it is sweet.

I wouldn't know what it's like to have to have a permit to own a pistol (I own 4... no permits required). Next on the list.... CCW. Arkansas is a Shall Issue state.

I am however at a crossroads... Do I take the money I have set aside for a CCW handgun and the money for the CCW class and permit and get those....

or...

Go get a Smith & Wesson .22 w/ Factory supressor??

If the feds allow you to own it, the LEO's in my county and the laws in the state allow you to own it as well. SBR's, NFA's, etc. all legal here. Guess that's why we're proud of our 'D-' from the Brady Bunch.

Decisions.

Third option is to get a kit and build up a STEN MK III. The problem with that is that I would at least want to SBR it. <Sigh> Need more $$$$....

Cool, I know nothing about the gun you got but maybe some pics ???

Todd Z

Wes,

Growing up in Phoenix, its wasn't unusual to see someone come into a Safeway with his sidarm for all to see. At least, until the late 80's when I moved away. I don't know what the requirements are in Washington, other than you do need a CCW license (worked with someone who had one). He carried his around everywhere, and you never knew it. He made some fance holster that hid it very well, but would drop out with a flick right into his hand. This was many years ago.

I don't carry myself, worried too much about shooting the idiots around me! Love to target though! Gonna do some of that in about 2 weeks with some friends at Lake Chelan here in WA. Most fun I had was with some old fashioned black powder!

I got my toy a few weeks ago, ccw paperwork goes in on Monday (they only hold it for 21 days after it is approved and I will be away for 5 weeks, so gotta delay the process to ensure I am back to pick it up).

[Broken External Image]:

I got the bottom version with the 2.5 inch cylinder. Nothing says I love you more that a couple 45 colt HP's and a few rounds of 410 000 buckshot in the same volley.

PA is also a "Shall Issue" state. And you can open carry here as well. Here they also call the CCW permit a LTCF(License to carry Firearms). Here are 2 pics of my gun.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I bought a Springfield Armory XD9 subcompact and it is my favorite carry gun although I do carry a Kel Tec PF9 sometimes because of it's small size. I also have an 80's Ruger P89 and a new Ruger P345(45 ACP).....but I still go back to the XD9. It shoots well, very accurate, feels great and is a nice size.

If I could keep only one, the XD9 would be mine. By the way, get a Blackhawk Serpa holster for it....a match made in heaven!

Check out the review below for a 20,000 round torture test of a SA XD9.

http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php

'07 ST

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo, let me get this straight... With your permit your allowed to carry a concealed gun around with you? And if so, what do the cops think about this?

Personally I believe that you shouldn't need the government's OK to carry. The govt shouldn't get a list of my carry-able firearms and a yearly fingerprint (and fee) just so I can carry a gun.

Maybe the non-blue states aren't as messed up with the Big Brother aspects of their permit, but still, why does anyone need to know that I am enacting my 2nd amendment right?

Can't one look up a list of CCW permit holders in their state? That could be used to defeat the point of concealment.

If you shoot someone with a registered weapon for a CCW permit, I can't imagine the torrent of legal proceedings and ramifications that would result :(

Though I'm sure that the Peoples' Republic of Maryland, bluest of the blue states (somehow), has my fingerprints already on record, so that shouldn't really hold me back, but it still feels wrong.

I'd bet that the used car dealership proprietor in that Top Gear video didn't have a CCW permit for his minuscule .45 pistol.

Exactly why you should not use a $1000 handgun for CCW. If, God forbid, you have to use it, you know the next time it will be cleaned (if ever) will be 2-3 years from the time of use... after all the investigations, sham charges and bigger sham civil suits.

It's really simple. If the other guy is committing a crime... He has no rights to sue. His family has no rights to sue. Sorry, you FAIL.

Yup. I carry one with me. Ruger LCP, to be exact.

As for what the police think, I guess it depends on the officer. I was pulled over for speeding a few weeks back. As soon as the officer approached the car, I told him that I had a CCW Permit and that I was armed. He thanked me for informing him that I had a permit and that I was armed.

When he came back from his car, he handed me my Drivers License and told me that I was not going t get a ticket because I was honest and co-operative with him. I told him that state law requires me to inform any officer I have "official" contact with that I have a CCW and I am or am not armed and that I was only doing what the law requires me to do. He told me to have a nice day and I went on my merry own way.

A state like Vermont allows you to concealed carry without a permit. If you are legal to buy a gun, you are legal to carry.

Tom