Got ST back, questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman Brumley

Reaction score
I just got my truck back last night after getting a new fuel pump intalled and it runs so much better now. The pump must have been on it's last legs for a while. The idle is much smoother now and it seems more responsive overall. Maybe it's just me, though. :driving:

I was getting a rattle between 2.5k and 3k RPM and I was afraid it was the timing chains. From what I can tell though, the rattle is gone or at least reduced and not as noticeable. Is there any reason for this? Asked the mechanic about it, since the rattle is really noticeable when the truck starts and he said it could be/sounds to him like the catalytic converter making noise.

I'll be doing the front brakes soon (before a feb. inspection), and while I'm greasing all the ball joints, etc and changing the oil, I'll also check the converter by tapping on it.

Not sayin that your's is the cat but when the front left pre-cat went on mine it would rattle on start up then once it got bad enough I didn't hear it at all because most of it went down and clogged the main cat. I ended up buying a Random Tech stainless steel high flow cat and y-pipe from Zabtech, it was a couple hundred cheaper then oem and the sound, mpg's, power are quite a bit better now.

:banana::driving::supercool:

IF your getting more fuel to the cylinders ( OR the proper amount) the truck could have been running lean before causing a ping....

Now it could be working properly..

Todd Z

Thanks, guys!!! :haveabeer:

When it comes time to replace the cat, I'm gonna do everything from the cat back with stainless.

After Christmas, I'm gonna take it to a shop to see if the timing chain tensioner is OK.

Latest posts