Got my wrench!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job ScoTt, too bad it wasn't posted when I did mine last week, lol. You're right, the directions are pretty sad if your are a novice with tools.

Gary D.

Thanks all. I'm normally so dirty when I do a project that taking pictures is difficult. The install was not just bolt on ready I thought it needed some help.

I hope I help as much as I have been helped by the projects to date.

Will the bushings not slide over the ends of the bar so you don't have to cut them? Or is the bolt flange too big? Place the bushings on the bar before getting under the vehicle and then hang the bar on the end links. I have the rear sway bar not the front so I have no experience with the front other than your write up.

Me, the ends of the bar are flattened out so the bushings have to be cut. Just follow what Scott wrote up and you'll have no trouble. Just make sure that you elongate the holes in the new clamps inward by about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

Gary D.

Me - what Gary said about the ends being flattened is why you can't slide the bushings on. You really can't hang the bar from the end links first because the links are so many parts you are putting together you would not be able to hold the bar and put them together at the same time. Putting a bolt on one bracket to hold up the bar, then go complete the other side and come back to the first is the easiest way. Gary's point about elongating the holes is why I chose to drill it at 1/2 inch. If you could make the hole even oval in shape would help too.

Good luck with your install.

Latest posts