Got my rt y pipe. Nut question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron N

Reaction score
I got my y pipe in yesterday, thanks guys. I do Have a question. I was messin around and checking my nuts on the precats and cat. What size socket fits them. I tried a 5/8 and it was to big. Then tried the 9/16 and it was very tight. My metrics skip from 14 to 16. Also I want to thank the person who took my tool box and hope he enjoys all my hand tools. The SOB. I hope he breaks a knuckle._Ron

You will need a 15mm deep socket for all the flange nuts. You will need a 22mm for the O2 sensors.

Make sure you use a 6 point socket, a 12 point will cause issues.....

Also i found a 7/8 ( i think) open end wrench works the best on the 02's...

Todd Z

o2 sensor.... Sorry....

ALSO the Passenger side 02 you can remove from the wheel well, and the drivers side from under neeth...

ALSO BE SURE TO COUNT THE TURNS that it takes to get the o2 out, you MUST re wind the wire and then screw it in so the wire does not twist when you re install the sensors...

Todd Z

Jeff, what do ya mean thanks dudes it was my question, lol. I figured it was the one that I didn't have anymore. Thanks all. I'am changing the muffler tomarrow. I will keep the resonator for now. This weekend I am changing the y pipe._Ron

Latest posts