Good fight

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Sugarman

Reaction score
If any of you are interested in watching a good MMA fight, here is one of the guys I train. This fight was a "grudge" match of sorts. He beat the guy a few months ago, but the guy said he didn't submit. He talked a lot of trash about my fighter.

This time we wanted to make sure there was no doubt. Anyway -

Sweet. Looked like a mismatch with the dominance of your guy. As an instructor, do you recommend going through the ranks of a traditional art before jumping into MMA? I've been debating on whether to commit to training. Currently self disciplined in a variety of arts.

C -

Shane Matchette was a high school wrestler (like 46-2). His only martial arts experience is MMA training. He had a good background. Tim Thompson (videos of him on our site) was also a high school wrestler. He has been training in MMA only for about 7-9 months.

I don't think traditional martial arts training is the way to go, however we do have that cirriculum. We work these guys in a variety of styles including traditional boxing, muay thai, judo, etc. The MMA guys typically train separate from our traditional students, but we do bring them in to some classes.

We wanted the fight to last for a while. We originally asked for a no time limit, win by submission or KO match but the other guy said " I really like the water between rounds". The first fight lasted 45 or so seconds and was over due to rear choke. We didn't want the ref to call this one. We needed the other guy to clearly quit. Shane could have ended it several times, but wanted to make sure the guy knew he had been beat.

Latest posts