Good Day/Bad Day

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nelson,

Since you're so close to 19, you should have two options, you're still in your 7-day window so need to get some info quick. You can turn it down, but then you guys are correct you would have to separate. Your other option is, once you find out tour length/retainability reqmt, is to accept the assignment BUT decline retainability. This would in effect turn off your assignment and you would have to separate on your DOS which I'm assuming should take you to retirement correct????

I'm a Career Field Functional Manager so can help you out if you have any other questions. Find out the tour length so you can figure out the retainability reqmt ... this is the key right now in your situation.

Email me since I'm not on here all the time if you want to pursue the retainability question further.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with AFPC about an hour ago. It is an accompanied, 3 year tour. It is a special duty tour, but I may not meet the experience requirements. As a MSgt though, they probably are just looking for a warm body to supervise troops. The description states I will deploy and go TDY a lot, so that probably rules out taking my daughter. I can't leave her alone in Poland with some stranger.

can't leave her alone in Poland with some stranger

Might give you good reason to make a "friend" in Poland... from what I hear ;) there are some awesome beauties over there. :)

Don't know about the AF, but the Navy has different tour lengths if you do not go accompanied, even if it was an option. The tour lenghts is a DOD requirement, so they should be the same. Might get you out of there earlier.

Sorry to hear about the move. The excitement of the promotion, then the stress of not just a move, but an overseas move at that, is not cool. As someone else said, try to refinance with the CU, and I don't know who your insurance is with but USAA or Geico should be able to help.

Latest posts