Global Warming theaory Debunked by NASA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard L

Reaction score
NASA scientist have proven that CO2 in the atmosphere actually reflects the Sun's heat away from the earth which actually helps cool the earth.

http://www.naturalnews.com/040448_solar_radiation_global_warming_debunked.html

This agrees with Scientist back in the late 1940's after WWII when CO2 levels in the Earth's atmosphere were at the highest levels every recorded, and the planet was so cold that they thought we might be entering another Ice Age !!

...Rich

l1tech,

On the flip side I wonder if all that wonderful CO2 is bouncing the earths heat back to us insted of letting it escape

That could be true? but the article talks specifically about the Sun's UV rays being reflected away from the earth by CO2. The earth does not emit UV rays, so that would not be the case.

However, I know that cloud cover tends to keep the earth warm at night by holding the heat down closer to the surface like an insulating blanket, while clear skies at night tend to be cooler.

...Rich

NASA is wrong on this one. It is definitely getting warmer here in Florida. There has been a noticeable change since January. Plus Al Gore says it is so.

Rich,

I take it you are one of those who believe in the "summer solstice, fall equinox, winter solstice, and vernal equinox" theory. This theory is very dated and was conducted without modern NASA equipment or the "presently accepted facts" made up by Al Gore.

:bwahaha:

Kind of funny how Al Gore proclaimed that "All the scientist agree, that CO2 is causing the global warming"??? In fact, there was a BBC documentary put out right after Al Gore's movie that refutes that statment. The BBC documentary interviewed a bunch of scientist who were asked to contribute to Al Gore's movie, and because they disagreed, their opinions were never shown in the film. The BBC documentary said that Al Gore got it backwards. They say that Global Warming causes the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere.

Most of the CO2 in Earth's atmosphere comes from the evaporation of the oceans....the hotter it gets the more evaporation occurs.

I have also heard that a single eruption of a volcano releases more "Green House Gases" into our atmosphere, than has been created by mankind since man has existed on Earth.

...Rich

I wonder what these guys would've said when the earth was going into an Ice Age and then when it warmed up and we came out of the ice age. The Earth is constantly warming and cooling cyclical. Some of those warm ups happened faster and some happened slower...

Gavin,

That was classic George Carlin at his best. I saw him live in Las Vegas a few years before he died and he was great.

Thanks for sharing that.

...Rich

Al Gore in 16, he has my vote. At this point I am in it for the entertainment value.

Of course one could not rule out Biden, he would be just as funny.

:banana:

I think we can all agree that the planet is going through a warming phase. Melting glaciers and all. But to say that mankind is responsible for it or has a meaningful ability to control it is a bit of a stretch, IMO. We tend to give ourselves way too much credit. Or at least Big Al does.

I really would have liked to had some help from Mr Gore last winter when I had six inches of inconvenient truth in my driveway. :bwahaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Gore in 16, he has my vote. At this point I am in it for the entertainment value.

Of course one could not rule out Biden, he would be just as funny.

Trump just spent a fortune (or a penny in his world) to study his chances. The next election could really be a circus!

blksn8k said:

I think we can all agree that the planet is going through a warming phase. Melting glaciers and all.

Not so fast...

May 28, 2013

Growing evidence we may be in for a 'mini-ice age'

Rick Moran

Christopher Booker, writing in the Sunday Telegraph of April 27:

"Has there ever in history been such an almighty disconnect between observable reality and the delusions of a political class that is quite impervious to any rational discussion?"

What "observable reality"?

"Here in Britain, where we had our fifth freezing winter in a row, the Central England Temperature record - according to an expert analysis on the US science blog Watts Up With That - shows that in this century, average winter temperatures have dropped by 1.45C, more than twice as much as their rise between 1850 and 1999, and twice as much as the entire net rise in global temperatures recorded in the 20th century."

Peter Ferrara has compiled an eye-popping list of climate statistics to show that a realization is developing in some of the scientific community that we may be in for a couple of decades of global cooling that will mimic the worst of the "Little Ice Age" that lasted from approximately 1250-1850.

The Little Ice Age, following the historically warm temperatures of the Medieval Warm Period, which lasted from about AD 950 to 1250, has been attributed to natural cycles in solar activity, particularly sunspots. A period of sharply lower sunspot activity known as the Wolf Minimum began in 1280 and persisted for 70 years until 1350. That was followed by a period of even lower sunspot activity that lasted 90 years from 1460 to 1550 known as the Sporer Minimum. During the period 1645 to 1715, the low point of the Little Ice Age, the number of sunspots declined to zero for the entire time. This is known as the Maunder Minimum, named after English astronomer Walter Maunder. That was followed by the Dalton Minimum from 1790 to 1830, another period of well below normal sunspot activity.

The increase in global temperatures since the late 19th century just reflects the end of the Little Ice Age. The global temperature trends since then have followed not rising CO2 trends but the ocean temperature cycles of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) and the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO). Every 20 to 30 years, the much colder water near the bottom of the oceans cycles up to the top, where it has a slight cooling effect on global temperatures until the sun warms that water. That warmed water then contributes to slightly warmer global temperatures, until the next churning cycle.

The late March temperature dip was not confined to Britain. The same held true all over Europe. And even the US temps supplies some fodder for the global cooling theory:

Booker adds, "Last week it was reported that 3,318 places in the USA had recorded their lowest temperatures for this time of year since records began. Similar record cold was experienced by places in every province of Canada. So cold has the Russian winter been that Moscow had its deepest snowfall in 134 years of observations."

The theory of sunspots having a causal relationship to temperature is hardly new, nor is news about the lack of sunspots being predicted in the future. Ferrara supplies no alternative theories for the cooling, which may, indeed, be temporary.We don't know if his facts have been cherry-picked, although he seems to give a serious and thorough treatment to the sunspot theory.

But Ferrara is as guilty as global warming alarmists of not giving us the entire picture. There are competing theories for why global warming shut down in the 1990's and it would have been nice if Ferrara had included a summary of them.

Of course, you'd never know there was any dissension at all from the global warming paradigm by the way that Obama, Gore, and the rest of the climate hysterics are acting. The president is moving forward with his war on CO2 oblivious to the record, bound and determined to stick it to the CO2 "polluters." The elimination of the coal industry, a doubling of electric bills for US consumers, and thousands of more pages of regulations for US businesses don't matter.

And neither, apparently, does competing theories about the climate that get in the way of government control of the energy industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
TrainTrac,

Yep, I agree with that article 100% Even this year the weather here in Texas is much cooler much longer than I have seen here in the past 30 years. Hardly scientific proof, but never the less convincing to me.

I also agree that the CO2 in the atmosphere may be natures way of stabilizing the Earth's climate. The hotter it gets the more CO2 is evaporated from the oceans, and eventually that CO2 increases to a point that it begins to block the Sun's UV rays and the earth slowly cools.

As George Carlin said...The Earth has been here for billions of years and has survived earthquakes, volcanoes, meteors, comets, solar flares, and shifts in it's axis, all without any help from man, or the arrogance of man to think that we can cause or prevent any of them.

Everything that exists on the Earth came from the Earth. We cannot upset the Earth's balance because it is self righting and eventually the Earth will go on it's merry way long after man ceases to exist.

...Rich

Latest posts