General Grabber

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Risseler

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone running the General Grabbers, how do you like them?? I hear great things about them, but I am really wondering about on the highway. Are they loud? I have the BFG longtrails which are an all-season tire and would like to move up to an all-terain tire, but would still like to listen to my stereo........

Thanks for any advice!

-Kirk

I just got the General Grabber AT2 put on a few weeks ago and I like them a lot. There is some noise at real low speeds especially when slowing down, but on the highway I can barely hear them. I took my truck up through the mountains when I got them put on and they went very well with all the ice and snow that was there. I guess time will tell about the tread wear though. It comes with a 60,000 mile warranty and they are made in the U.S.A. :haveabeer:

I just bought the Grabber AT2's about 1-2 months ago. So far I love them, I had Goodyear Wranglers on prior and I haven't noticed that they're louder at all yet, but it's been winter and I haven't had my windows down to really hear them. I've been pretty happy with the treading, the only time the tires have spun is on bare ice. I've driven around some streets in just 2wd now that when I had the old tires, I'd have to be in 4wd or I'd just spin.

Not quite the same tire, but I have the Grabber HTS on my 2 wheel drive model. I have about 1500 miles on them so far and really like them. Small compromise on handling but great improvement in rode over the Cross Terains it came with. Also did very well in recent afternoon rush hour snow on unplowed roads, especially since truck is not 4x4.

I put the HTS Grabbers on my 4x4 ST. I don't do any off-roading so I didn't need an AT tire. I went with the highway tire for the better ride. Also no road noise. Going on almost two years with them and very pleased so far. Here is a write up on them.

The Grabber HTS is General Tires Highway All-Season light truck tire developed for the drivers of crossover and sport utility vehicles, as well as pickup trucks and full-size vans. The Grabber HTS was designed to combine style, comfort, durability and performance in a tire that offers pleasant road manners and a long life, as well as year-round traction, including in light snow.

The Grabber HTS features General Tires Eco-Ride tread compound to improve fuel economy molded into a specially engineered symmetric tread design featuring an enlarged contact patch and General Tires Stabilink system of connecting bars that increase circumferential stability to enhance braking, acceleration and cornering. Response Grooves provide directional guidance for improved steering and Hydro Channels eject water from between the tread and road to increase hydroplaning resistance while three types of sipes promote traction in dry, wet and wintry weather. The tires internal structure includes twin, ultra-high tensile steel belts to provide brute strength while an internal cushioning system isolates the vehicle from road vibrations for a smoother ride.

Arturo, the exhaust in the pictures is MAC cat back 3" I think the tip was 3 1/2"after that rusted off I put on a magnaflow that exits out the side. The MAC was a little louder.

I have 15 k on my General HTS. itchy summed it up well. I bought these tire because of the positive write ups and the fact that I was fed up with my Good Years. For all around road use here in PA - They're Great!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine put on yesterday 265/70/18 with the truxxx lift kit. Look like nice tires. Got a bit of howl to them, not bad, similar to the BFG AT,s

Follow-up on my earlier comments on the Grabber HTS. I put a set on in Dec., 2010. After 5 months of driving I have a different feeling about these tires. They have developed a vibration, like being out of balance. Shop I got them from balanced them twice, and today replaced 2 of them. Vibration is better, but still not smooth ride like the LTX's on my '04 Expl. I am quickly becoming disappointed in these tires and may explore other options with the shop. Guys at the shop have been great to work with. Manager told me they and he were looking at them on the balancing machine and just did not like what they were seeing as far as getting them to smooth out, so the replaced the 2. I hate to spend the extra cash but may go to the LTX's on this Sport Trac.

Another follow-up. Shop has now put 3 sets of Grabber HTS on my truck and can't find 4 tires that will balance properly. They have even taken them to another shop for a road force balance and can't get them to balance. Very disappointed in these tires. General offered to replace, but only with another General/Continental product. General made this offer to the shop initially, and then to me personally. No Thanks!! I have learned my lesson. no more General products for me!! Next set will be Michellin LTX!!

Latest posts