Gen 2 seat discomfort

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Now that I have about 15k On my 07 Im noticing some real discomfort with my right leg on trips longer than 30 minutes, which is frequent for me. I have leather power seats and I can make a few adjustments while driving, but these seats are no where near as comfortable as my 01 were. I put over a 100k on that truck with no comfort issues & I plan to do the same with this one, but I have to figure something out soon as it is REALLY bothering me lately. Are the seats the same in all gen 2's?

Jim,

No they are not, My 2010 has the explorer seats in it, They are different then previous years....

Todd

I put 50k miles on my '07 without problems. I am alittle over 20k miles on my '10 without problems also.

Dont keep the wallet in the pocket while driving Bob, but nice try. I wish that was it though. Sounds like its just me. I think its the flatness of the seat bothering me, my 01 seemed to have more of a deeper pocket in the seat. I wonder if the seat are more comfortable in the later yrs & if they are compatible?

I never sat in a gen2. what is comfortable to me on my gen1. I tilt the bottom of the seat all the way up at the front, for thigh support. the I adjust the back to acomfortable posistion.

My 2010 limited seats are more comfortable than my '07 limited seats, but they are not nearly as comfortable as the Honda Pilot seats. Seems I cannot find an adjustment that is comfortable or doesn't cut off circulation or something. I am always very sore after driving an hour or more in my 'Trac.

Another problem is that the headrests are about an inch or so too far forward. They cause me to have to tilt my head down when i drive. I wish I could bend them back just about an inch, but the tubular brackets seem too substantial to easily bend them, and I would not want to compromise the whiplash protection too much.

I am 6'3" 315 lbs, so I don't expect to be real comfortable, but Ford obviously designed the seats for women drivers or at least men who are much smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts