Gen 2 Adrenalin AWD Explanation?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B3 Brown

Reaction score
I apologize if the answer is obvious to this?

So the Gen 2 Adrenalin has been made for 2008 to 2010 model years? I am completely clear on the appearance differences inside/out and of the choice of V6 or V8.

However, are all 2010 Adrenalin's AWD or is there still a choice between AWD and 2WD in 2010?

I also ask since I've seen Adrenalins for sale listed as AWD yet on their dash there won't be the 3 push buttons that all other 4X4 STs have (4X4 Auto, High and Low)

Finally, do AWD Limiteds really exist? I've seen it listed as an option/trim level online, yet have never seen one actually for sale? BTW, wherever I saw the Limited AWD option, it seemed to be about $1,000 more than a Limited 4X4's base price!

Thanks,

B3

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2010 Adrenalin is available 2WD or 4WD, but the 4WD version is only AWD. The AWD version does not have the dash buttons, but can be locked in 4W high through the setup menu. It has no low range. As far as the Limited version, I don't believe you can get it in AWD. I'm sure someone can correct me on any misinformation. My 2007 had AWD, with the buttons and high and low range, but I think they eliminated that somewhere down the line. Apparently there were changes over the years. And I also had a V8 in my 2007 XLT, which I believe was only in the Limited version later on.

All 2010 Adrenalins are Limited. Prior to 2010 or 2009 you had to get the Limited package to get the Adrenalin package.

So basically, all Adrenalins are Limited :)

The 08 Adrenalin didn't come with heated leather. You used to be able to spec the 2008 Adrenalin with a lot less options. You could even get one new for under $32,000 MSRP. I believe it was 09 and newer come with heated leather. They added power pedals, Dual Zone Climate Control, Audiophile sound systems and a thicker sway bar in the 09 and newer as standard equipment.

I think the only options for a 2010 Adrenalin are the moon roof and nav. Maybe the bed extender? Even the bed cover is now standard equipment.

Hello :)

Thanks for the info! Some I knew, some I didn't! I had no idea about the 4W High selection from the setup menu - wow!

I just kept getting confused seeing new/used Adrenalin 'AWD' models with no 4X4 dash buttons!

Yes, as psycareyo noted, the '09 and later Limiteds/Adrenalins had MUCH better standard equipment than the '07/'08s! I am amazed at how many '07 Limiteds actually had LESS equipment than my '08 XLT!

Think I'm pretty clear now...thanks, B3 :banana:

you can lock the adren in 4wd full time and bypas the auto feature through the info/status buttons..

Todd Z

Yeah, I was bummed at first about the AWD only option for 4WD on the Adrenalin. One of the members here enlightened me about the setup menu option. I want a choice to have all the wheels powered on a slippery road. That, along with other things sealed the deal for me. I'm picking my new Adrenalin up Sat morning. I had to order it back in Aug. This is by far the best source for info on the Sport Trac.

Hey guys. What's all the fuss about AWD? I have been looking for a Adrenalin for a long time at the right price and in really good shape. Just bought a 08 Silver Burch one owner with only 15K on the clock. It is absolutely like brand new. I sat with the orig owner for about 45 mins and went over all the specs and maintenance records with him. He was anal about this beauty and it showed. He worked at the dealership where I bought it. No AWD, just the little ole V6. I live in Georgia ( we call it Jawja) down here. I don't even want to think about putting this baby in the mud, and snow and salt are an extreme rarity in these parts. So I guess I'll just have to miss that thrill of AWD driving. I had a 02 XLS plain Jane that I tricked out to some extent. Sold it on Craigslist to the first guy who walked up the drive. Got $8500 which I thought was decent compared to trying that funny money trade in stuff. The new (to me) Adrenalin is the bomb!!! Now CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THESE POSTS??????????? I'm somewhat of a computer dummy and haven't figured it out. PLEASE HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Binaround

The easiest way to post pics is to first upload the pics to your library here on this site. Then, select the pic when posting a message to a thread.