Geico insurance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Forbes

Reaction score
I was looking into switching to a new car insurance comapany. The cheapest I could find so far is geico. They quoted me 147 for full coverage, I'm paying 200 right now. Most other places quoted me about 250+. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this comapny, and if they where any good. Thanks in advance!

I had GEICO once for about two weeks. I had just joined the military and joined the Air Force Sergeants Association (AFSA). They had a special program with GEICO, which included a very nice discount. I left Allstate to go with GEICO, since the quoted price was so good...that is until I received the first bill. Wow! The bill was huge, even more than Allstate was. I called to find out why, and they said I didn't qualify for any discount, because I was only an E-2 (even though I was already 25). I quickly dumped them and AFSA, and for the past 20 years I have been telling everyone that asks about their crooked scheme. I went with American Family Insurance afterwards. They were an awesome company with very good rates.

GEICO here....I bought them becasue I liked the gecko!

haha No really they were even cheaper than USAA!

I switch from State Farm to GEICO about 4 years ago. I have carried State Farm for well over 20 years, and even whne I was in the military stationed in the states.

When I switched to GEICO it saved me just over $200 on a 6 months policy just when State Farm was policy was going up. So that saved me over $400 a year and I had better coverage than I carried with State Farm.

When I bought my Mercedes and only had that one vehicle, my rates jumped up because of the expenseive car and no multiple vehicle discount, but it was still cheaper than anybody else. Later I purchased a used 2002 Toyota Highlander for my daily driver, and added it to the policy. I also dropped the annual mileage I was putting on my Mercedes from 15K down to 5K per year and now I pay $25 less for both vehicles than I did for the Mercedes alone. I should mention here that I do not carry collesion or comprehensive insurance on the Toyota

As previously stated, GEICO's customer service is excellent. You can handle almst anything online or over the phone.quickly and efficiently. Why pay a commission to an insurance agent for just writing up the application and trying to gouge you for stuff you don't need.

We have a claims agent in town and when I got an estimate and a check to cover damage to my old Sport Trac, the body shop tried to claim that there would be more damages because he knew that the bumper brakets would be all bent up. My claims adjuster went to the body shop and inspected the damage and found the other guy was just blowing smoke. He said that there was only an $8 part that was needed and GEICO would cut him a check for the additional $8.

A similar thing happened with my Mercedes when I hit some road debris that damaged the spoiler under the bumper. The actual nose piece was $250 more than the GIECO agent had in his books (brand new vehicle) but the body shop had already checked with the agent and got it straight before I even picked up my car.

So overall I have to give GEICO an A+ for Value and Customer Service. State farm was always a good company, but the agent I had was worthless.

...Rich

I've had Geico for over 20 years now........great rates and 5 Star Service.....

OT.....Ford could learn a few things from this company.

I should mention here that I do not carry collesion or comprehensive insurance on the Toyota.

Rich,

I highly suggest you add comprehensive on your Toyota. It costs nearly nothing to get (about less than $100/year) and it can save you big time. I had a tree fall on my car while I was on vacation. The car was not worth much, so I did not keep collision on it. I did have comprehensive on it. It was covered. The car was a total loss...as seen in the picture below...

[Broken External Image]:

If you hit a deer, comrehensive will cover that. If a rock hits your windshield, that is covered too. If you are in a parking lot and someone hits you and runs off, that is covered. Seriously, consider getting it. I am so happy I did....so happy.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this comapny, and if they where any good.

I had Geico. I loved them. I now have Anerican Family and they simply rock. The reason we went with AmFam was because we have 3 cars and 1 house. I was able to insure the house for free with the money I saved with the multi-policy/multi-vehicle discount AmFam offered. If Geico offered homeowners insurance, I would give them a shot.

I will say this, American Family Insurance Company is a top notch company that has my utmost respect.

Tom

Anyone thinking about going with Geico Ins for their car might also think about getting their Mechanical Breakdown Ins vers a dealer extended warranty.....much cheaper....link below..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Badger Mutual and pay $720 a year, which includes $0 deductable on comprehensive. I priced out Geico and they were a lot more expensive and, IIRC, didn't offer $0 dedectable on comp.

I am with Geico for years now after I dumped Good Sam's GMAC. To me Geico has the lowest rates. As a military retired and member of Navy Federal CU they offered huge discounts and savings. With multiple cars, my premium is $469 a 6 months full coverage policy on my ST at 100k/300k coverage and $250 deductible.

USAA is great if you qualify (requires military service, past or present). I've been with them for 16 years, with no complaints. Their rates are some of the best in the industry and so is their customer service.

USAA membership is open to:

Children of USAA members.

Active duty officers and enlisted personnel.

National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.

Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

Former military personnel:

Retired officers and enlisted personnel.

Former officers and enlisted personnel who separated on or after 01/01/1996.

Former USAA members who had auto or property insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I inquired USAA and compared the same coverage as my Geico, but USAA cannot beat Geico but very close.:(

I insure both my ST and my wife's toyota with them and saved $800 a year after switching from Farm Bureau and I have lower deductables and better coverage. Been there for a couple years now, was with Farm Bureau for 16 years before that.

Latest posts