Gay marriage. Legal in your state yet?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wisconsin has a constitutional amendment declaring marriage to be a heterosexual union. There are a couple of lawsuits in the works that will probably end with a high court ruling it unconstitutional. Give it time.

Bans are and always have been unconstitutional. It's just got to work through the courts at this point. Still not recognized in Georgia.

Are you looking for a new home?

Not officially here in Utah yet, but the Pro-Gay movement is going all out because they really want to sick it in the eye of the Mormons.

If you are not gay, it has no effect on you, so shouldn't matter either way. Politicians and religious groups have made it an issue. Any claims that the Bible or laws imply that marriage is between a man and a woman are subject to a lot of different interpretations in the minds of the reader.

I'm not gay, but it does not bother me that others are. I have worked with a number of openly gay men and women, and I never had any issues with their sexual preferences.

...Rich

I question the fact. Why has every major world religion looked down on it. Plus many that follow no religion. How many free societies eventualy fell. This is just one of the issues they dealt with, and openly accepted it.

Could it be not the way we were created?

I dont care what religion you follow. The truth is, from all of them. We are spritual beings. This body will die. We will live on.

Just my own belief. I was created to pro-create. That only happens one way.

That doesnt mean I hate those that believe differently, I dont hate anyone. I just may not like what you do. The same as not liking a thief. I still love the person. They were still created by the same God. Or master creater as I, depending on your belief.

Thanks for the offer Hugh but I'm not gay. Georgia has a town south of Atlanta though named "Gay" I bet that's what you meant. Or maybe that's where you live? Either way, I will let my gay friends know you are looking. I bet you like em young too.

True it does not make much difference to me. Its just sad that there are people who want to mandate laws that are discriminatory. Who some one wants to be partnered with is their business. Its a non issue for most.

I know a few religious groups and extremist groups are fighting against it, but it wont stop the movement. There is no money in it. Plus the gays all vote together. They will get the legislation passed.

No Frank, I'm happily married. If I were gay, though, I'd feel perfectly comfortable in Atlanta, one of the most gay friendly cities in America. No need for homosexuals to hide in a city named Gay here, although your reference was admittedly the first I had heard of the place. I had to look it up. With a population of 86, I now know why.

Atlanta also boasts one of the greatest upper middle class African American populations. I would also like to point out that I live in what is called the Black Belt. Dublin has a majority black population (51% black, 45% white). With all of the stereotypes of the south, it's amazing that people like you that live in segregated areas like the northeast and Midwest could even begin to make those kind of ridiculous allegations. Your own town is 85% white, 3.5% black. I wonder why that is?

I bet your gay population in your great white fly over state is impressive, too. Why don't you tell us all about this population you've read all about on the interwebs? I'll tell you about my uncle, my cousin, my high school and college friends and my friend/coworker Jody. It's a shame that your crack at me and the insinuation about my sexuality was so perverted and focused on sex with minors. Says a lot about your mind and your view of homosexuals.

Your trolling is obvious and weak. Your liberal slant is so juvenile and untenable by your own arguments. I've had many a great discussion with incredibly liberal people that do not resort to your personal attacks and fingers in the ears, tongue out approach. They're much more enjoyable to debate and much more effective in helping me see their point of view. You should try to get in touch with those kind of people to help your trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know about Florida. Like Rich I really don't care. I always thought it was more about benefits (there is a lots of money in it) than the actual act of marriage. To each their own.

Marriage in the religious ceremonial sense is up to the Church.

Marriage in the legal sense is up to the people who want to live together, not the government or the Church.

Eddie,

I question the fact. Why has every major world religion looked down on it. Plus many that follow no religion. How many free societies eventualy fell. This is just one of the issues they dealt with, and openly accepted it.

I think most of what we are dealing with is based on "Religious teachings", which are all man made and subject to man's prejudices. and pet peeves. Organized Religion, like governments have had a very strong influence on controlling peoples behavior. Government's tend to support those religious laws that benefit the governments goal in controlling and maintaining control of it's citizens.

If you look at history through the years, various religions have had a lot of absolute power over the people, and often were deeply embedded in the government to the point that the Government was just an extension of Religion. It's all about power and control

The basic moral laws of most religions are all pretty much the same and most contain some kind of "Golden Rule" or "Ten Commandments" moral code of humanity, but after that, the more religious specific laws and punishments are subject to different interpretations....even the worlds Religious Scholars and Theologians often interpret various holy scriptures very differently.

If our sole purpose was to procreate, why are some people born sterile?...does that mean they are worthless...and should we just treat them like outcasts or shun them like we do to people who are gay? Please don't say that people choose to be gay since there is no scientific evidence to show how or why some people are gay.

...Rich

My personal viewpoint is that it's the terminology that bothers me. I believe Marriage is between a man and a woman, but if gays want to be legally together, I'd rather seen it called a Civil Union. As Seinfeld would say, "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

Andy,

I agree. Religious institutions should not be forced to recognize a union between two gays as a Marriage, and refuse to perform any gay union ceremony, that is their right.

However, a government like the USA should not treat a union of a gay couple any differently than a marriage between a man an woman.

Over the years our society has changed it's perspective of a traditional family lifestyle and it no longer needs to resemble the totally fantasy world of the Cleaver Family (of the Leave it to Beaver TV show)

..Rich

Richard I agree. I wonder how long before a lawsuit comes out over a gay couple wanting to get married at a church. I think last year a priest got relieved of his duties by the Vatican for performing a ceremony.

If our sole purpose was to procreate, why are some people born sterile?...

Birth defects...Same as born deaf etc...

I believe in a God that did create a perfect world. I dont really know if it was Adam and Eve or who. I beleive that somewhere down the line, mankind took advantage of some kind of no no. Screwed the pooch, and wrecked it along with a lost perfect communion with God.

Please don't say that people choose to be gay

Your right there is no science either way. I do beleive some will choose perversion. Even in a hetro-sexual relationship. I will qualify that I think sexual identity can be a birth defect.

I also will qualify, that I beleive gay pride parades only serve one purpose. By subtugated society to perversion. Is there something wrong with being gay and dressing to what is moderate to majority of society.

As a Christian myself. Nowhere in the bible does it say to march down the street. With your going to hell signs. For anyone that has truly studied and read for themselves. It is very oposite. It doesnt tell me to be Beaver Cleaver either. Too many have the wrong concept. For too many including some that call themselves Christians.

All they know is what someone said. If it is spew, they spew it or they spew at the church as a whole.

I would have no bussiness joining, a book of the month club. If Im not going to study it, and see the reasoning of the matter.

HUGH

I live two blocks from Chicago across the state line. I basically live on the South Side. I live 5 minutes from Gary Indiana and work (a lot) there too. You can try to attempt to wow me with your Fulton County street cred but Atlanta aint a pimple on Chicagos ass. Gary is 95 percent Black too and also makes Atlanta look like paradise. You see Hugh, I do have a liberal slant because I am exposed up here to freaking reality. You, I GUARANTEE, live in conditions that are no where near any minorities. I see the abject poverty all day EVERY day. I see people begging for food on the corner. I see and hear of shootings almost daily. I see people wandering the streets who cant afford their medication. I see factories closing up or moving down south (Get er Done) because they can pay people a non living wage and save a few bucks going non union. PATHETIC You prob drive through the bad parts of hotlanta on your commute to some cushy office workin 9-5 overseeing a couple of good ole boys who have to kiss your ass for 8 bucks an hour.

Also you deserve all the grief I give you because you are an easy target. You work hard trying to discount everything I say on here and I love every minute of it. I think you are backwards in almost every way. You are amongst your own down there I am quite sure...but you are in the minority if you were ever live in a real city. I know by your attitude and answers that you have never had to actually work a real labor job. Never worked with your hands or even seen a real craftsman. You are really devoid of any reality. My region BUILT this country. Your town, your buildings, your car your bridges and roads. All the direct result of Union labor and the workshop of America>the Calumet Region of NW Indiana and S. Chicago. Open up a history book and check it out. Make sure its not one of those re-written ones from down yonder too.

Grab the banjo and watch you sum Duck Dynasty

Latest posts