Gas Prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to fill up the ST and the Taurus this week.... not looking forward to that day. Good thing friday is payday. "Can you just make my paycheck out to Chevron?"

Around the Charlotte NC area gas is running from $2.50 to $2.75 gal. I traded my ST back for a Wrangler-but still remain a loyal ST fan, And possibly a 2007 ST owner. I hear a lot of complaining here about the st's low mpg-The best I can get in my Wrangler is 17 on the highway or in city traffic. Going to the beach last month, with the air on and running over 70mph I got 14. If gas continues to climb I have thought about a few better mpg vehicles out there like the Escape, the Mustang 6 cyl, The Mazda 3, or maybe a Mazda Tribute-oh yeah I like them Mercury small suvs mariner I think-but I've noticed they are marketed to women-like that'd matter, in my area I see more gals driving jacked up Wranglers than guys-lol:wub:

Greg: other than the Mazda 3, none of the vehicles you mention will return much more than 20mpg. Escapes and Tributes are not fuel-efficient at all, and a 6cyl Mustang is only efficient if you can keep your foot off the throttle. My '97 Mustang only got around 24mpg on the highway at a steady 65mph.

Last time I filled up was Aug 5. $2.349, here in Kingman, I may not have to fill up until this weekend :)

Its time to take the E85 plunge. I went to the flex fuel conversion website and entered current day rates. I come out several hundred ahead w/ E85 even with the reduced efficiency.

Gas has gone up close to 65 cents a gallon since late spring here in OKC. It's gone up 35+ cents per gallon in the last two weeks - 25 cents the past 5 days alone.

The causes?

FUD.

Fear

Uncertainty

Doubt

No real reason for it other than that.

Yeah Rocco, these skyrocketing prices in OKC, make me wonder. We were so low for so long, and now the sudden change is definitely a concern. I realize we are cheaper than other places, but that won't be true much longer if this trend continues. I've been looking online at the Matrix, and Mazda 3 option. The Matrix will pull a trailer, right? :(

Had to park the ST today:( After getting paid and paying bills we came to the relization that with the $ left over we could only afford to fill the wifes mustang and my daughters BMW. Also both of them get better gas milege than the ST. The stang gets 21/26 and the bmw even though it is 15 yrs old and 180k miles on it gets 30 mpg if you are carefull with the foot. Also had to call off fishing trip with dad for weekend, hope to pick up some OT in next weeks so I can go latter. I have also noticed that though the streets arnt empty the traffic is noticably lighter in town lately.

interesting article in the paper this am, gas down over 2.00 a barrel..... however no relief on the price at the pump. Amazing how they raise them instantly, but don;t lower them ;)

109.9CDN/L this morning, but slid to 105.9CDN/L by afternoon. Next town over (56KM) it was 111.9!

Those number translate into 3.42US/gal, 3.29US/gal, and 3.48US/gal respectively. WOW!!