Gas Prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is sad that we are now thinking that $3.15 per gallon is low. Wish it would go back to $1.19 like when I began driving :sad:

I remember 0.28c( not gas war price). Now I pay $4.11

Oh well !!!! Ed

I just filled up for $3.00 a gallon, and there is even a few stations that have been selling Regular for $2.99 for over a week now, in Waco, TX

...Rich

A couple of days ago the prices in my neighborhood jumped about $.30 in one day. They are now in the $3.37 range while other nearby areas only jumped about $.10/gal. That is still better than they were only a few weeks ago but 30 cents is a pretty big increase for one day. Gas Buddy posted a warning so I was able to fill up on Monday evening for $3.06.

Paid $3.25 twice over the last three days at Costco in North Orange County, CA. Lowest in many years.

Oops! My bad. The price was $2.259, not $3.259.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure who the Saudis are more afraid of, the Russians or the shale fields. Seems they are intent on keeping market share. The bad thing for the US is that low oil prices could stall our push to become energy independent. That is the last thing the Saudis want to see. On the other hand, perhaps using their oil first is better in the long term for US national security. Wall Street as usual is more interested in short term profits and could care less if the Saudis drive US oil producers out of business. For consumers lower gas prices seem great now but "they" say it could hurt our overall economy. I guess that's true if you are employed by Big Oil. However, lower transportation costs should also translate into lower prices for other goods and services which in turn should spur consumer spending. This will probably help companies like Ford sell more of their less efficient vehicles like the F-150. They are probably kicking themselves now for spending all that money on aluminum bodies. All I know is that it will be very interesting to see how all of this plays out...

Meanwhile the Obama administration keeps cranking up the EPA gas mileage targets for the automakers.

Looks like we will all be driving Fiat Shitboxes by 2025.

Can't wait to see what our pickups are like that get 40MPG too...

Latest posts