Gas prices finally drop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gas is dropping quite nicely here...

2weeks ago gas was 3.95, i filled up yesterday for 3.48

:D

Well, if you're one of those people who believe the Big-Oil-fixing-prices conspiracy theories, then you can definitely say they were successful in changing the American thought process on fuel prices. A year or so ago, putting a smiley face after the phrase "i filled up yesterday for 3.48" would have been completely unthinkable.

I sometimes get the impression that people think oil executives hold clandestine meetings where they unilaterally decide to set the price of oil and gas in order to maximize their profits. After maniacally laughing about how they are gouging the American public, they then go swimming in pools of gold ala Scrooge McDuck.
:lol:

It went back up 20 cents here yesterday. It was 3.49 on the way into work, 3.69 after work. I found it near my house for 3.56 though.

putting a smiley face after the phrase "i filled up yesterday for 3.48" would have been completely unthinkable

yea... who would of thought id ever be happy about paying 3.48 for gas... pfft i remember paying 1.89 when i first got my license.

i remember paying 1.89 when i first got my license.

You're clearly quite young--I remember the problems that came up when stations were needing to modify their signs to include a digit in front of the decimal point for the first time ever. And I'm only 38...

yea... who would of thought id ever be happy about paying 3.48 for gas... pfft i remember paying 1.89 when i first got my license.

It was 29 cents a gallon when I started driving. :(

TrainTrac,

Don't know if it's a conspiracy, but the convenience/coincidence of record profits quarter after quarter when gas prices continue to hit record highs and the country doesn't seem to be doing that well really makes one wonder what's going on. It makes perfect sense that there is some type of "fixing" going on. It strikes me as very odd that if prices are adjusting according to S/D and a global market, oil comp. profits would probably be better but I have to question if they should be/have been so good.

Ah the good old days:)

Anyone remember the gas wars the local stations would have? ( I remember 18 cents a gallon)

Star and bar stations where you got a stamp for each gal you bought, sorta like blue chip stamps, fill up your book and get free gas. Oh the mammerys

It was $ 0.85/gal for a short time when I started driving. For the longest time it was $1.25/gal then it seemed like it just blasted it's way to $4.50/gal.

I remember those days Bill. That was back when your local gas station was also your local repair garage. I pumped gas in high school at a Humble station back then. Hell, most people today don't even know what a "full service" gas station is.

You're clearly quite young--I remember the problems that came up when stations were needing to modify their signs to include a digit in front of the decimal point for the first time ever. And I'm only 38...

yep... im pretty young... only 19

Thread is turning into a time machine:)

Late 50s I was a lube rack technician:) 80 cents an hr, lube, oil and filter wash the windows, vacuum the car was 16 bux ($1.50 extra for complete car wash)

For you youngins, back in the day one could actually inject grease into all joints and pack wheel bearings:eek:

Just goes to show that gov't's "windfall profit" is greater than that of the oil companies.:angry:

$3.44 & 9/10 today in NC.

I'm glad the Wall Street Traders on futures now have to take delivery of 50% of their purchase. A little research does alot. Gas started dropping the day it went into effect.

Firing up the 500 :D Good thing you all took out 5 & 6 year loans on hybrids ....

Last edited by a moderator: