Gabriel Ultra shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
Got my shocks replaced today and immediately went for a ride on the roughest roads around here. Good God. What a difference. But then, I had OEM shocks for 116,000 miles on my 2001 ST 4x4, so anything would have been an improvement.

Anyone have experience with Gabriel shocks?

hey Mark im glad to put this up that saves me the trouble somewhat. Anyway im in a daring need to purchase shocks because like yours they are about 90,000 to 100,000 miles old and every bump and crack and everything is hell anymore. they sqeek and just are bad and i dont know if my struts are bad to but def. buying shocks end of story. do you recommend Gabriel's? i was considering Rancho 9000 or any suggestions really. Thanks.

I wanted something like Monroe Sensa-Tracs. I didn't want the stiff ride like that of the Monroe Reflex (which I don't think is available anymore for the Gen 1 ST). A reputable place nearby dropped the Monroe line and now sells Gabriel shocks. So I picked up the Gabriel Ultra shocks for $32 each. I like them so far.

Monroe and Rancho BOTH have mail in promotions. That's enough to buy

a 13mm flex head ratchet for the PITA drivers rear shock. Thanks Eddie! :supercool:

www.monroe.com/promotions (Thru 4/30/13)

www.gorancho.com/promotions.php (Thru 6/30/13)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel Ultra shocks for $32 each. I like them so far.

Anything is better than the gen 1 OEM shock.

I got rid of mine, on my '04 Trac. At 1500 miles. I could tell they were unsafe and rode terible. The oem's were the wrong shock for a sport truck. After I changed them, is when I found the recomendation on this site...LOL

Steve is right. The gear wrench 13mm flex head ratchet wrench is a must. Make the top of the rears 1/3 of the time in labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had Gabriel Ultras on my truck for a few years. They've probably got over 40k miles on them already. Can definitely tell they are wearing and would probably give them another 20k before thinking about replacing.

I liked how they held the truck up better improving its stance.

Latest posts