FYI Warning!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
Just and FYI, if your ever rear ended, MAKE SURE, that one of the things they check when getting your ST repaired is the fuel tank, and pump, and baffels? (SP), I only say this because about a year ago, i was rear ended, everything fixed, then my fuel pump starting acting up, at the time, i didn't know it was that, it was a hard start, took a couple of times to start it, but when checked no codes came up showing anything was wrong,....... well, recently it really started loosing power, and getting harder to start, I take it in,.... he said this is odd, yes, the fuel pump needs replaced but it's not that bad, it's BROKEN,.... , WHAT???????????? so he replaced it,... took it for a long test drive, heard clunking in the tank, took the tank apart, and noticed the baffels were loose broken off, and that them rocking around over time broke the fuel pump said more thank likely it WAS from the accident, jarred it enough, not to notice, but eventually over time, broke things around it,...... said the tank from ford was gonna be 900.00 buckaroos,........ ooooooh no, to expensive for me,. found one at a salvage yard, so between the fuel pump, baffels, and new floater, it was 1000.00 bucks,..... YUCK!

So,.... to save others, I wanted to let you all know, that if your ever rearended, please MAKE them look INSIDE the fuel tank, and make sure all is ok there.

with lots of Love

~Dove~

ps, haven't been on much, been very busy, then, hubby's brother died VERY UNEXPECTIDLY and then 1 1/2 months later we lost his sister, so it's been hectic around here, and besides Tiauna FINALLY got a job, so been tote'n her around, we miss ya all.

Doove,

Sorry to hear about your tragic family loses, and about your fuel tank problems.

Take care and drop by when you can.

...Rich

Latest posts