FYI on new Explorer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X Their names were mentioned, both of them...According to the author, both patiently helped her reconstruct the events, since most of the car was already in the design/engineering stage.

If you want the book, you can check Amazon.com. I think the book cost a few bucks. the Author is Mary Walton and the name of book is *Car*

Very good read, if you are into cars as far as nuts and bolts and how they are created.

Have a good one

Bob

Did you also notice that when the tailpipe is on the left side, the fuel filler is on the right. If the tail pipe is on the right side, the filler is on the left. If there is dual exhaust, then it doesn't matter. The only exception I nticed is an older chevy van. They had the filler right above the tail pipe. Also, I have noticed any vehicle I have driven, the gas guage is on the same side as the filler. If the fuel guage is left of the speedometer, the filler is on the left. If it is on the right, the filler is on the right. If the speedometer is in the middle and the tach is on the right and there are 2 or more guages on the left of the speedometer, then the gas guage will be on the right side of those guages. (If the filler door is on the right side of the vehicle).

Tom

x, Regarding the window change on the EXP, did that have anything to do with the problems with the hinges? I know our hinges and/or shocks failed on our 03, causing our liftgate to fall off. Quite embarrassing, to say the least! The costs for FoMoCo in body damage repair and personal injury settlements by this must have been ugly.

Regarding the "in bed toolbox" I like the idea, but not the location. I always carry straps and a small tool kit in my truck, but I have to take it out when hauling some stuff. It'd be cool to be able to store this stuff below the bed... but especially with my cargo cage and hard fiberglass cover, I wouldn't be crawling to the front of the bed to get it. Too bad it couldn't be in the rear. I'm sure it's not an option though, with the suspension and spare tire being back there.

Caymen, your exhaust pipe/filler door observations may be right, but our new Mariner axes the similar observation about relationship of the filler door to the duel gauge. Filler door is on the left, gas gauge on the right. The mariner takes it one step further for the what I've perceived to be the norm, by swapping E and F on the gauge. So when the "hand" is in the 12:00 postition, it's full, and when it's at the 3:00 postiion, it's empty.

Also, I noticed that some Mountaineers have the exhaust on the left side, especially when it's dual outlet exhaust. This surprises me. I would think there'd be a lot of cost in moving it to the other side of the same platform vehicle, but in different clothes.

Latest posts