Fuel Filter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyoku Delvey

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I could locate the fuel filter on my 02 ST? Also any instructions on how to change it. I searched the Projects section, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Thanks.

It is in the 'projects' section. Click on my link below and scroll down the list about 2/3 down. It's listed as 'Fuel Filter Replacement' by Tabjo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Broken External Image]:

I think he meant the drivers side rear door. I'd say it's more by the drivers door. The special tool helps greatly. I took mine to the service station because it was cold outside at the time, took them a half hour of cussing and prying and banging even with the tool because of the undercoating.

Yeah, it's right under the drivers door. Good luck changing it. I know I'll never try it again.

Gavin,

You are right and the Ford design is one of the better designs in the industry.

If anyone is in the NE Ohio area and want their fuel filter changed, email me. You pay for the filter, my labor is free.

Tom

My brother-in-law, who is a mechanic will tell you about 1/2 of the Ford filters are easy and the other half a real bitch to remove. Mine fell in the latter group.

If I can do it, chances are, you can do it too Riyoku. Mine didn't want to come off right away but I managed. Just use the right tools. In this case, the metallic type removal clip.