FS/FT: Rockford Fosgate Punch, JBL mono amp, C.Wells enclosure, drop in Gen1 sub steup

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
UNIT IS SOLD.

- 8" Rockford Fosgate Punch subwoofer

- JBL 150 watt mono subwoofer amp, line level and high level inputs and outputs, adjustable gain and crossover

- C.Wells enclosure

I assembled these components into a custom, drop-in subwoofer assembly for the Gen1 ST. Perfect working condition, a few minor blemishes from installation. You can see the original project at the link below.

8e657bc041b1df29298e596ced793fc6.jpg

$175 OBO plus actual shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I do not have a need for your stereo stuff, I do have a 110 volt powered sub woofer for a surround sound system I am no longer using.

Works perfect, just replaced it with the new system is all.

Would sell it for little money in the scheme of things.

Will send some pics and details if you want them...

Rodger, I thought the same thing but did not want to ask....

Todd Z

Hi guys. Nope, not selling the ST.

My OEM six disk changer went wonky, so I only listen to AM/FM these days, and the sub's value is diminished in that role. That, and I don't drive the ST more than about 4K per year nowadays. I just don't drive it much, and don't plan to invest in a replacement audio system for the ST. If I was driving it more, I would.

Mrlunchbox...it's a wonderful upgrade over stock. It's not even comparable to the junky, six inch, woofer and plastic sub box from the OEM audiophile system.

I'll have to look and see if I saved the documentation on the components for specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, I don't suppose you could give me the measurements of that box, I already have an amp and sub, just need to built the box, and it would sure help to know how big I need to make it!

Thanks

Rich,

I'm interested and would like to know how much will it cost to ship to 20176? Do you have instructions? I'm a novice skill set in regards to working on vehicles. Will it include any wirings? How old are the items? I have a 2002 ST with a stock audio. It should work with it? Is there any additional item I would need to connect the sub?

Thanks,

Gus

David, when I pull the setup from my ST, I'll take measurements of the box for you.

Gus, no wiring included. Equipment was installed new (by me) in my ST in 2002. You need to run a power lead to the battery thru the firewall, with careful routing to avoid alternator noise. And for a factory head unit, you need to run the high level inputs through the sub on the way to the rear speakers. It's an involved process, not beyond the skill level of a novice with some study, but a car stereo shop would knock it out much faster, with far fewer headaches.

Tom, it's not spoken for, yet.

Rich,

I was gone for the holiday. Its showing sold. Is the items sold to me or some else. My contact info is:

MSgt Agustin A. Casis

579th MDG / DTPAM

DRUG DEMAND REDUCTION PROGRAM

579th MDOS/SGOH-DDRP

1760 Air Force Pentagon

Washington, DC 20330-1760

Room 4A936

E-mail: [email protected]

Fax: (703) 692-9947 DSN 222-9947

Phone: (703) 697-4537 DSN 227-4537

Please call me for payment and shipping info.

Thanks,

Gus

Latest posts