Front sway bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad K

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question about the stock front sway bar.

I raised the ride height via torsion twist and was wondering if I need longer

end link bolts?

I got to thinking about this because of a suggestion on the zabtek web site

concerning the adco sway bar.

The end links are slightly shorter than the stock end links to improve handling. If you have a lifted truck it may be necessary for you to buy longer ones.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

new Chad

I have mine lifted via TT/SL and just put on the Moog Problem Solver Frontend links helped out alot next I need to replace the sway bar bushings.

Yes, you should use longer links to bring the ends of the bar level. Two reasons. The bar will respond properly. Also in certain situations the short links might break under stress.

Thanks for the replies.

Do I just try and measure the distance to what

I think will be level for the sway bar ends, and

then just ask for that length of end link sets?

I put the moog end links on about two months ago.

Then I raised the trac. After that I experience some pretty good up

spring over slight bumps.

So maybe the longer end links will help with that.

thanks

new Chad

The Moog endlinks (sleeves) are longer than the OEM links (sleeves). Didn't measure the difference between them but I'd guess them to be about 1/4 longer than the OEM's.

Don't know if the extra length is adequate with a lift though.

To mirror what Eddie said, just check the swaybar to see if it is close to level and I'd say you were OK.

If not level, I wouldn't try to find and buy a longer endlink. Rather, just find a longer sleeve to go with the bushings & washers you already have since they are new. At last resort, You could stack a few washers on the Moogs to gain height.

Good luck...

George C has a TT lift and we simply bought 2 inch longer them OEM end links from energy suspension..

Works great...

Todd Z