front sway bar bolt hole.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was just out checking the air on the tires and noticed that the driver side front sway bar bushing bolt (the part holding the bushing) was loose near the rear of the truck. I tried to tighten it but it wouldn't go in. So i decided to pull the bolt out and low and behold the bolt hole in the frame is stripped out. I guess the question is how can I fix this is it safe to drive? I don't have access to a welder or a tap and dye set. I have about a 20 min drive on the hwy in the morning to get to work. And the same on the way home. Gonna take it to my mechanic tomorrow after work.

It's no different than hundreds or thousands of truck owners whose sway bar end links are broken. They don't find out about it for weeks or months, if at all.

Frame bushing bolt is stripped. Retap or use a flag nut inside the frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swshawaii thats it I popped into the mechanics after work. He's gonna re tap the bolt hole. Said I should be fine to drive. Just take it easy on the corners lol. I'm having a bunch of front end work done in just under two weeks time and he said we can do it then. He said most likely we can re tap the bolt hole.