Front Hub

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Partridge

Reaction score
I believe my front hum is starting to make noise at low and higher speeds. I was told it had been replaced just over a year ago when I bought the truck . I believe the oem part number is HUB29 . Price seems to vary between 384 bucks CDN to 316.28 in Florida . Any suggestions before I get it repaired. Thanks is this a common problem ?

Only 140000 KLMS on truck.:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
My front left went bad too. You may also notice some slight negative camber on the noisy side.

I waited and prematurely worn the inside tread. The hub includes the Anti lock brake system sensor.

i MADE A COMPLAINT TO FORD ABOUT THE QUALITY AND COST OF THIS PART.

Will see what happens. Others should do this as well to raise the problem. Cheers

Yea I just replaced mine also and its a easy job just long hour to do one side. And paid 235 and change at autozone. But they are cheaper on eBay if you have the time to wait for delivery. And that 235 price was only for one.

Whats the price online here in the states ??? I know i would help and buy it and ship it to you from here...

Todd Z

I did my right front a few months ago, it was vibrating and very noisy. Job was easier than I thought, and I believe I purchased the part for $100.00 or so. (online vendor)

Rudolph is their a part number for the hub at autozone, was the sensor for the abs compatible with the others . thanks might be an option.

The ABS wire was all attached and hooked up easily. Durlast part no DL515078 this is a 4WD drive part so if you just have RWD than its a different part no# and I don't have that guys so sorry.

Is their any preference to the Timken product or Duralast Timken 269 Duralast 215

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/2007-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-4WD/Wheel-Bearing-Hub-Assembly-Front/_/N-jp3xlZ6o2ny

Thanks

Tim good buy . I got a SKF 300 including tax. Replaced the hub. Still having tire nois sort of a wir if tht is a word. I have the good year triple tread. :haveabeer:

For what its worth, I had to replace both driver's side and passenger's side hubs replaced . . . TWICE . . . in 3 years and less than 50k miles . . . I'm having much better luck with the latest set, so third time might be a charm :) (It was fortunately covered under the warranty)

Latest posts