Front end noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Varley

Reaction score
Hey everyone got another st issue. I am getting a hum from front end sounds like a truck with big tires hum but can't figure out what it is the hubs are brand new and no clunk when turning. It's word of sounds like its on driver side and have a little bit of vibration on gas pedal and it does not go away when braking any ideas?

Thanks Tom

No wheel bearings on the 4WD - there are hub unit bearings that Tom indicated are new.

What type tires are you running; are they new; is there a wear pattern?

It's word of sounds like its on driver side and have a little bit of vibration on gas pedal and it does not go away when braking any ideas?

Possibly the easiest fix in ST history. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be the front diff is out of oil, or one of the new hubs is bad..... it happens

Todd Z

Sounds similar to my "new" 03, the noise on mine is coming from the passenger side. I notice that tiny vibration in the pedal. Does not pull to the right (so it doesn't seem to be causing extra drag on that side). The sound changes slightly with vehicle speed, not engine RPM. On the highway, I can't hear it.

Don't know how long the tires have been there. A rotation is probably the first thing to try.