Front and Rear ride height fyi

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Price 2

Reaction score
via Ford Manual

Front ride height looking head on- (1)Measure in inches between flat ground and center of one of the torsion bar bolt heads.

(2)Measure between ground and one of the spindles/knuckles(lowest point)(the part that the lower ball joint goes through)

Subtract. (1) minus (2) = front ride height

Do this for both sides

Factory specs- 4in plus or minus .4in replacement parts 4.4in +- .1in

((I got approx frt left=3 5/8in frt rht=3 3/4)) with replacement part. A little low. ???

Rear ride height- measure between axle tube and frame(next to the rubber bump stops)

Do both sides

Factory spec=6.3in-7in ((I got approx left 6 1/4in right 6 1/2)) *explorer lean*

my ST is approx 1/2 lower on drivers side(give or take depending on how much fuel is in the tank) measuring from ground through center of wheel to fender.

Overall, not bad for a almost 11 year old ST(born 10/02) (its an 03)

btw..I don't believe you can do a dirty alignment with a string wrapped around all tires or eyeballing comparing fronts to rears. Maybe you can get it close to drive to a shop. But, thats about it. Our wheels all track differently. As in the rears do not follow the fronts exactly. Nothing beats a laser! and a good tech.

Latest posts