FREE music for i-pod????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only (legally) free downloads I know of are offered by small bands trying to promote themselves, and are usually not bands anyone has heard of. Sometimes artists offer some songs for free from their sites, or if you're a member of their fan club. Radiohead offered a whole album online last year (you were asked to pay what you wanted to, but could download it for free) but now you have to purchase it on CD.

Your best bet is to "rip" music off of CDs that you already own; you can find plenty of free software online for doing that. The software converts the tracks on the CD into mp3 files your iPod can play.

Bahb,

iTunes will also rip CD's to put in your iPod. No need to install extra software.

Tom

limewire is not a good idea for your computer's sake. peer to peer filesharing is not only illegal, but full of spyware, adware, and crap not good for your CPU

Peer to peer filesharing is not illegal.

If I want to distribute my own personally written music over P2P, I can can. There is nothing wrong with it.

Distributing copyrighted music in any form, including P2P, is illegal.

Distributing includes me giving you music I ripped off a CD, an MP3 player loaded with music I own but you dont, P2P, Usenet, Internet, etc. Essentially, if I do not own the copyright of that music, I can not sell it, give it away, load it, etc., if it does not fall under fair use.

Tom

Yet peer to peer software remains a solid way to find old and/or underappreciated (aka the good stuff) music.

iTunes has a Pathetic selection of songs, and cd stores can't possibly stock everything ever burned to disc. Nor does amazon.com, and a place like ebay....welll, at that rate, it is essentially peer to peer, so you should just dl it for free.

LimeWire does suck. It comes standard with a whole "suite" of malicious software.

I'm a bit-torrent fan myself (screw the RIAA) but if you want to legally pay and download music, Amazon.com has the best selection.

On itunes they have free songs of the day or free songs of the week. Usually from up and coming artists or people you havent heard of. I usually give them a listen if I have some time and if I like it I download it free. I have found some pretty good stuff that way. If you have a video ipod they have free videos too, tv shows, music videos, it just depends. Worth checkin anyway.

I'm with you TomT. Bit Torrent has become a great friend of mine.

Rob- What do you like? I have a ridiculous amount of music. I can email you some stuff if you are interested.

cottonwood - great advice, i'll check into that..

Jason - i like all kinds... classic rock, soft rock, old school rap, hip hop, trance, techno, ambient, getting into the jazz thing too...

rob

Latest posts