Ford Satellite Radio Saves

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
On the Ford Sirius Radio it is possible to save song information as the song is playing and the radio will alert you when it detects that song playing on any satellite radio station.

Is it possible to do this for artists, so that it'll alert when it detects any song from X artist? I have my doubts, but the manual for this thing is only 3 tiny pages so it isn't exactly all-inclusive.

(BTW since when is Rush "classic hard rock"?)

My 08 Nav system doesnt do that, but my $50 sporters 5 unit that I use in my work truck does and its a great feature. I also hate not being able to scroll through the stations and read whats on all the channels to find something to listen to. Also miss the pause and rewind feature...

"BTW since when is Rush "classic hard rock"?"

my fav...... subdivisions :supercool: awesome song !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not totally sold on Rush (though the South Park clip that they had made for them was pretty funny) but now that I feel that I've heard their entire discography (lol) I find them better than so much of the other stuff that SirusXM claims is Classic Hard Rock. Though if I have to hear 2112 Overture again I'll renege on that :bwahaha:

IMO Ford's satellite radio setup is pretty cool, but it could have used some more features, especially when you're telling me that a $50 dollar radio does so much more than my dash unit. I wonder how much of a pain it'd be to put a new head unit in. IMO the stock one looks sharp, and Ford continued making the radio into a weird shape as so it is hard to replace and not have the dash look terrible.

Latest posts