Ford OEM Radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stamps

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing the OEM SYNC/GPS/Navigation Radio from OEM Auto Parts for my 09 ST. I believe that they are refurbished or used. Any of you have this unit in your truck--either stock or purchased from this company? What can you tell me?

Bob

You don't have a link but I will say that two years ago I got a used OE radio on eBay for my dad's Cadillac because the CD player quit working. Dirt cheap, lotta OE radios out there, but we did have to pay about $65 iirc for a dealer to reprogam it because of the theft deterrent system. I would assume a Ford radio has the same deal.

Hi Bob, OEM radios with Navigation seem to be expensive for our trucks. I am looking for one too.

I am looking at an aftermarket one here in Toronto for about 600 plus install and back up camera and taxes for around 900 or so.

Here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.cartoy.ca/ford-explorer-2006-2010/

It is supposed to be better than the OEM while keeping al of the steering wheel and Sync functions.

Let me know how you make out.

Paul

Bob -

I bought the radio you mentioned from OEM Auto Parts (oemautopartsco.com). The kit comes with the nav head unit, a special amp (they call a "brick"), wiring harnesses to interface with the main wiring, the sync module, and the clock spring wiring, an antenna splitter (no need to install a separate antenna for the nav), and a new audio control switch for the steering wheel. The last two parts are Ford OEM. The task looks and sounds overwhelming, but that's what needed for an installation that looks and feels like factory. All factory options are retained.

I was able to install the system myself ('10 STA with 6 disc). Took a little while, but it was all plug and play, no soldering or wire cutting. No visit to the dealer is needed. I have a before, during, and after pic in my library.

They have very good customer support.

:haveabeer:

Latest posts