Ford in Brazil

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Travis

Reaction score
Maybe not a Ford Motor Company 'Issue'. This is an email I received. Interesting? Union shops?

Why did Ford not need any bail out money? This video will depict one reason. Unfortunately, it's in Brazil and not available in the US because of certain contracts and it's only a Ford assembly plant not one for the other two auto makers.

This is a video of a Ford assembly plant in Brazil.

It will also point out why more assembly plants will go offshore or are built in "right to work" states in the South.

http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189

I don't understand all the different suppliers. Why doesnt Ford make everything. Even the exhaust which is just bent pipe is outsourced. It appears all Ford does is just put the car together.

I would guess that Ford doesn't make the parts themselves because they can outsource it cheaper to non-union shops.

Most companies are not "manufacturers" any more...

They are mainly Assemblers now..

Todd Z

Even the vaunted Toyota doesn't make their own parts. As a matter of fact, they buy parts from the same suppliers as everybody else. Makes you wonder how their quality can be so much higher. Or is it?

Their sales are also down, like 33% from the same time last year and they are barely making a profit. But hey, they are not an American company so everything is good.:rolleyes:

Latest posts