Ford Embarks on New Marketing Strategy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

Reaction score
Bold move? Can't say I've seen the commercial yet but I think it's going to take more than that to boost Ford. At least it's different. I don't know about the rest of the country but all we see here in Texas are commercials for the F-150 fifty times a day.

I hate that I keep hearing about the new vehicles and there is never a mention on the ST. Its always the new edge (which I do like) and stuff like that.... boooooooo

Big D,

Ford sells 50K Sport tracs a year with 0 dollars spent in advertising. They are comfortable with those numbers...

Todd Z

BOLD MOVES! Hmm... could that mean: Marketing Our Vehicles Ever so Sparingly? Or I could do a few more acronyms ... or someone else could do the same thing and have something more elaborate to say!

Chime in folks........ BOLD M.O.V.E.S. what's your acronym?

How about this for a strategy? Build high quality and efficient vehicles and provide excellent, no-hassle service after the sale. It works for Toyota.

OK, just saw a Bold Move commercial - I cannot say I am moved to go buy a Ford. The song did not grip me or get my attention - I actually missed the first 3/4 of the ad until I looked up and saw the blue oval coming at me and I said, "That's the ad."

Maybe I am not the target market anyway. Who wants a 39 yr old, white male who is married with two kids and holds a 4 yr degree buying their product? I am part of the minority right?

JT#14

Latest posts