For Todd

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The word is I am ANGRY at the 2 people that HAVE the REAR bars and were supposed to "test" them for me....

OBVIOUSLY they have not...

ON the 09 and UP you got a larger bar form the factory and there is NO need to upgrade it..

Ford left the front bar the same...

I was working with Hellwig to make a front bar, But the cost of about $250 for a test bar and the purchase of $4,000 I have to make to get them made is keeping me from getting them made...

Even if the cost me under $200 each i would need to sell 20 bars to cover my cost...

I feel that will NEVER happen...

If 10-15 people want to pay for bars up front I may do it, But I have to get the front test bar and now with 2 people jerking me around on the rears I am $400 min the hole already...

Sorry man...

Todd Z

I kept bumping the original thread on this subject, but got no replies . . . I kind of understand why now.

Todd, do you suppose I could get a rear bar from Ford (or site sponsor) for an '09 and install it on my '08?

If there are no foreseen issues with that upgrade, after I install the rear, do you think I could test the front for you?

Since the members that are supposed to be testing have apparently let us all down, I'd be willing to step it up and help you get the ball rolling on this.

What exactly do you need from a "tester"?

My only reservation is the obvious . . . potential damage to my truck.

Let me know . . .

I would purchase it upfront. If you are able to finally get the two test sets back let me know. I would need a front and rear for my ST.

Do you know of any system to make a '07 V6 a true cold air intake? I have not been able to find one and I am not that comfortable in making something from scratch.

Thanks Todd

I would be interested in the front bar but I think I would just buy the rear bar at cost here at the dealership.

I would also pay upfront for the front bar if we're looking at around $200-$250.

I would be willing to test the front bar if you can get one of the two shipped back to you. I'm researching the rear OEM 09+ bar now. I've read that you want to upgrade the rear bar first and then the front bar or just the rear alone but never the front bar alone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts