?? for those with body lifts!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
i have the 3'' body lift on my trac. well the front right tire is chopped/cupped (everyone keeps telling me a different phrase:blink:). well i went to try and get it rotated / balanced and they said that they couldnt/wouldnt rotate/balance my tires because of there condition ( this is at tires plus). well i can understand where there cominng from( liability issues), i will be getting new rims/tires in a week or two and this leads me to my question... the guy at the tires plus said that he couldnt balance my truck with the new rims/tires because it was "out of spec." because of the body lift. so how/where did you guys get yours balanced at, did you have to supply new specs???

Thanks, Ryan (sorry it was so long!)

Them not balancing the tires is a bunch of junk.... They can balance any thing, they just don't want to touch it...

What tires do you have now and what size...

Did you change your shocks yet ??

Todd Z

Funny you bought this up as I just had my tires rebalanced yesterday as the weights fell off from when I first purchased the tires a month ago. I too have a bodylift and am running 285/75/16. Two of my wheels required 5.5 ounces of weight. They guy said that my two rims are out of round, or that the tires are too big. He noticed the body lift and blamed it on that, which I know is totally bogus. Good luck with the new tires tho Ryan.

Right after I did my lift and new tires/rims in May, I took mine down to Sears. They were going to charge me extra because of possible balance 'difficulty' with a lift, but after they checked it out, they only did a slight adjustment and didn't charge me for it. Now that I've been running it for a few months I was thinking about taking it back to make sure things are in line still. All in all no problem with Sears.

Sounds like the shocks are the cause of the problem.....

I would rotate the tires, check your alignment, and stay away from chain stores, they may not do it...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always used a discount tire, and while talking to them about my current tires (265/75R16), and that I'd put a body lift on and then up the tires again, their response was, as long as they clear the body safetly and won't rub on anything, we'll put them on... And I had my tires put on before I did the TT/SL...

wow... thats a bunch of bunk.... I have a 3" body lift and Im running 285/75/16's. The body lift does not affect the tires.... its a body lift, not a suspension lift. Tell them to pull there heads out of there a$$ and get an education.

I would be going somewhere else. I went to Kaltire (up here in Canada) and they are great, happy to help and were actually excited to see the tire rims combo that I bought off of them. They took pics and have it as a staff choice as a favorite ride, Its great. (there are 10 different rides on the wall).

Kaltire is a cross country chain and they never had an issue as all... plus I get all the flat repairs, rotations and balancings free for the life of my rims/tires

well i think ill buy some shocks to go with the new rims/tires. i was going to this place cause i could've got the employee price for the service ( $20) but i will definetly look for another place to go!

thanks Big D. i have heard alot of good things about the monroe reflex shocks on here. thats what i will most likley get (as long as i can afford them!).

Latest posts