For our "techno-wizards"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
My new STA originally came from Canada. So, it has a DRL(daytime running light) function, which is just the regular headlights that are on all the time. I would like to disable this function, but still be able to use the headlights normally. Does anyone have the solution to this? :banghead:

My truck is also a fleet vehicle from Canada. Would love to disable the DRLs. A while ago I was told that it is programming within the computer and can be changed at a Ford dealer (for money)...

My truck is also a fleet vehicle from Canada. Would love to disable the DRLs. A while ago I was told that it is programming within the computer and can be changed at a Ford dealer (for money)...

I believe its just a Jumper or a module. I can look in my wiring manual and see what they say, Then Gavin can Buy the module from Bob....LOL

Todd Z

I looked into adding them on my first ST and found the function is in the control module. You'll have to swap it for one without DRL's and then cross your fingers and hope everything else still works.