Fogs with brights on 04-05 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean James

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried this on their 04-05 ST. Once you cut the wire, I'm assuming the wire he is grounding is the wire from the fuse? Please correct me if I'm wrong on that one. I just want to make sure before I take on this project and mess something up.

There is a way to do it, May be a project on it in the projects section..

Todd Z

If you get the upgraded headlight harness, it will work without cutting anything. You can then have ALL lights on at the same time.

Dean,

I first learned of this web site from here, when I owned an 01 ST. I was not happy with the headlight output. I had a new harness on the 01 and now I have one on my 04 ST. It lets you feed power directly off the battery through 2 relays, and it has heavy duty 9007 sockets for high output bulbs. Somehow, when the fogs are on, if you switch from hi to low beam, they both stay on. If you shut the fogs while they are on, the hi beams will then go out. Not exactly sure why this happens, it might be a current sensing thing, but it works for me. The 01 did the same.

Gary D.

Latest posts