Fogs and high beams, no good on 04 models

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I have to say I was pretty excited when I saw the project for the high beams and fog lights on at the same time. I guess it is only good for the 05 models because it won't work on my 04. The same light green w/black stripe wire is there. All I did was blow the 15 amp headlight fuse (twice) when the wire was gounded. I grounded the harness side of the wire (blew fuse) and tried gounding the switch side of the wire (did nothing).

Also, you have to be very carefull not to break the headlight switch when prying it out like I did. I even used the same Craftsman screwdriver shown in the pictures. Well didn't really break it, but there are little clear plastic tits that are melted to hold the switch together. Some broke, but luckily there are some that are not melted and I used a soldering gun to melt them and the switch is okay.

I would like to know if anyone out there with an 04 tried this and if so, did it work???

I have an '04. I was going to try it this weekend. Now I will wait till some more info or research is done.

Thanks for the update. Sorry you had to be the one..:unsure:

I've have asked to have the project pulled until I can figure out whats going on. I did the mod to my sisters 04 and my 05 with great results. I'm sorry for any problems that you might have had. I will re-submit it after things are right.

Mike 0

A simple relay and and some basic wiring skills Will also make this mod happen....

Todd Z

I have done lots of car wiring over the years and installed many a sound and video systems. I could take the time and get a wiring diagram and study it, but that is just the thing, no time. I have an early 04, so the wiring might be alittle different.

The only thing I know is it did not work on my 04

Fast Eddie, I think you did a great job on the project, I might just not have the correct set up for it to work for me. I would like to hear from more people with 04's that have tried it.

Latest posts