Fog lamp pre-wired?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
Has anyone that doesn't have factory fog lamps seen any wiring in the area of the lamps, or the switch, that may be for the non-installed lamps? It isn't there on my '02 but I still get the "so and so said theirs was pre-wired" comments. So anybody got wire and no lights?

I do not believe they are pre-wired.

You can buy a kit from Ford that comes with the wire(s), relays, switch and lights.

If they were pre-wired, I would think that the wiring would not be needed/included.

I know that when i took apart the dash on my 01 job 2 the wires for the fog switch where plumed to the receptacle even though there was no hole through the dash for the switch. In fact that seems to be how most of the wiring harness was... Some of the wires for a 4x4 module where there even though it was a 2wd and that Micro vent in the Middle of the dash (that little thing by the rear window button) is for the cabin air temp sensor for the Auto climate control that was never offered on the Gen 1 ST... The point being that it costs money to make a completely different wireing harness for each of the features that where offered on the explorer. I would bet that the more common features available on the explorer seriest share needed wiring components across the line.

The V8 only requires A few wire modifications and those are just due to a few wiring differences with the job 2 Gen 1's

-Don D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to have a 94 king cab splash Ranger new. It didn't come as an option on them but the plugs where there. Just had to add the relays, fuse, fog lights, and fog light valance panel. Not sure about the Trac but dont see them with two different wiring harness down the assemply line.

Latest posts