Floppy '07 Turn SIgnal Stalk!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Washington

Reaction score
I love my '07, but the turn-signal multi-switch stalk is bugging me.

I like where it's positioned, right at 10:00 where my hand usually is on the sterring wheel.

But, it seems like it flips over to the high-beam position too easily. Then at dark when the headllights turn on(I keep them on auto), I'm blasting the road with high-beams. Now I'm so paranoid that I'm constantly checking to see if I've accidently bumped it into high-beams on position.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Help me lord! :eek:

PS: Most Californians do not have this problem, because they don't use their tune-signals (another pet peeve of mine, for another time).

i have the same problem and i was complaining to my wife the other day of how easy it was and all. dont know if theres a way to fix it or not. ive learned to live with little things like that.

...by TigerMember Profile5 Member Projects,9/11/2006 17:37 ET

They seem to high and too short comapred to stalks of old.

That was my feeling as well on a recent 07 test drive for a couple days. The lower 8:00 position on my 02 is much more convenient to where my hand position is on the wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I complained to the engineer's about that in California....

Some people brought it up in the Q&A In Louisville...

Answer was most of the people that drove the trucks and where surveyed wanted it there...

It also had something to do with the safety rating.. By being where it is it will not be in the way in an accident...

I woulder if you could remove it and bend it straighter, or downward more???

Todd Z

I like the position. I do find that the high beams do turn on pretty easily. But the big blue high beam icon gets my attention pretty fast.

I bump it and I'm in HIGH BEAM mode a lot, but that dang HIGH BEAM indicator is so bright at night, it's blinding and it will not dim with the dimmer, so I end up putting my hand at the top of the whell to block it. I'm more sensitive to light so it really bothers me.

I don't like where the stalk is, either. It's a real pain when you have 2 different vehicles with different positions for the stalk. You reach for it where it really isn't. And, they should have put a 6 speed manual in the ST as well. That way I can control my shift points and not forget the clutch when I'm driving my car! Ford's fault! j/k

:D

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Well I figured it out. Whenever I pull the stalk to the flash-to-pass position and release it, the stupid thing flips back past the neutral position to the brights on position.

:angry:

Yes, there is a way to complain. Do a whole lot of complaining under warranty!

No one here should have to feel like they are beatin' a "Dead Horse"!!!

It is a design/engineering issue, and the only way to get it taken care of, or remidied, is

to complain about it under warranty, and GET IT DOCUMENTED!!!!

To show you all that I know what I am talking about:

It is a weak, Non-Robust Design, merely engineered to get the vehicle/component

out of warranty, while saving the component Suppliers/Manufacturers additional costs!

Weak/Non-Robust return springs or detents, are a problem that still plague us here at

G.M.! (Go Figure)!!!;)