Floor mats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think the floor hooks are the same.....

Todd Z

If the Gen 2 (2007-10) only has rubber flooring like the 2001-05, WT LINERS (not mats) won't fit correctly. Tried them in my 2005 years ago and found the fit unacceptable.

Floor Liners were designed for vehicles with factory carpet installed when manufactured. They will not fit vehicles with

vinyl floors unless otherwise specified. Please take your old floor mats out before installing your new WeatherTech floor mats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed:

Weathertech emailed me back saying that the floor well of the regular explorer and the St are different.

I bought a set for my 2010, and they fit perfectly. All you have to do is remove the floor hooks. Weathertech may say the floor wells are different, but the only thing that's actually different is the position of the floor hooks. You can remove the hooks by prying them open with a small flat-tip screwdriver.

To keep them from slipping on the rubber floor, I put down some of the "grippiest" shelf liner that I could find under the floor liners. That did the trick for the front, but the back still slipped a bit, so I secured it with some sticky-backed Velcro.

GREAT info and news for the OP. Thanks Andy! :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I already removed the hooks on the floor as the right driver side hook had torn thru the rubber floor. Pis poor desigh from Ford. The factory carpet inserts slip and slide all over the place. I see some Chinese made mats for the Explorer that includes the rear seas for 1/2 WT front only. Any one have any experience with them?

Eff the Chinese.....buy American if you can! I used to work for a Chinese auto parts maker. JMHO!

I should have listened. I bought the Chinese and what a disaster. They are going back. Anybody else had experience with the front WT mats for the Explorer? I hate to order a set @ $100+ and then not have them fit. I can't believe somebody doesn't make mats that fit the Sport Trac. HELP

Latest posts