Floor Mats are shot

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddy GreeneII

Reaction score
Well, It had been about 16 years since I had bought a new ride and I spaced the ol scotch gaurd the cloth floor mats. I'm gonna try whatever product you guys recommend and scrub the fire out of em, just to see how much comes out but with the color, it aint looking good. If I replace them I think Im gonna go with the black ford racing ones???????? any ideas or input? thanks.

I'd buy another pair off Ebay if cleaning them doesn't work. I switch out mine. I bought $7 a piece rubber ones from Walmart to put in the winter time. Then use the ST ones in the summer. They aren't as nasty from the salt and dirt. :rolleyes:

Head to the local car wash. Hang them on the wall using the clamps most car washes have to hang the mats by.

Spay them down with soap. Then use the foaming brush on them. Let them sit while you clean your wheels or spray your engine compartment and wheel wells. I say that as I do not use the brush on my Trac.

So after 5 minutes or so use the high pressure nozzle. Work from the top down. You will see tons of dirty water just roll off the mats.

Ditto on the OEM rubber mats. I bought 'em from Rusty right after I got my first ST. They're very low maintenance.

I'm on my 3rd set of mats... I got 'em cheap from my local Ford dealer, as they sold Sport Trac's to the state, and the state didn't want the mats!

egads, in the washing machine? Unless you got a heavy-duty washer, that's murder on the gears and motor in a washer.

The winter mats are a great option. They'll hold a lot of mud, salt and water and keep it from getting into your carpets.

Last edited by a moderator: