Flex Fuel?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. OK, so I see a lot of info about the sport trac being a flex fuel vehicle but I'm not sure what this means? Also are they ALL FFs? Being in California, I figure the air resources bastards would screw it up somehow for us like we can't buy the Liberty CRD.

Not all ST's are Flex-fuel.. Look under the hood of your st, On the engine information sticker it will tell you if it is...

ALSO the 8th digit on the VIN number also will tell you..

if it is a E then it is NOT a Flex vehicle.

Todd Z

With 87 regular hovering at $1.95, and E85 still over $2.30 here, hardly a bargain. I'll continue to eat corn, not burn it in my car. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethanol is about reducing our dependancy on foreign oil,

However, gas is still a better fuel, is in better supply, and is cheaper.

I'd be pissed if I bought a Liberty CRD a few months ago. Diesel in OKC is running a dollar MORE than regular unleaded. One of the members here bought one (I think it was Longarm) I wonder how he is feeling right now? :huh:

S.H.: I think there is only 1 station in the OKC area.... It's way across town just north of the Capital I think.

The Ford Flex-Fuel engines will run on various blends of Alcohol-Gasoline mixures from standard gasoline and a alochol/gasoline mixture of up to 85% ethynol alcohol.

There are pros and cons for each fuel depending upon the availability and price in your area. Alcohol will yield 20%-25% less MPG than with regular gasoline, but that can vary from the blend of gasoline used in your part of the country and even from summer to winter blends may vary.

If you have the Flex-Fuel engine and the E85 fuel is available, give it a try and see how your Sport Trac performs and make a note of your MPG vs price and see if you get any savings. Also, give us a report of your findings after a few tanks.

...Rich