Flashing O/D Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Richmiller

Reaction score
I know this problem has been discussed before, i thought i even saw a project in order to rebuild a specific solenoid for this issue, not sure if that was for the 2-3 shift flare.

Either way my O/D light is flashing and the tranny is locking into overdrive and will not come out of it unless i manually shift to first gear.

I am getting DCT codes P0740 and P0743, which i know refers to the torque converter solenoid.

Looking for some help on what to do, of course this happened on a 12 hour drive to Atlanta!!

All I can say is good luck!!! Never heard of a good outcome of the OD flash problem. Have you been wanting to trade it in on something new perhaps?

Again, good luck!!!

If you get it to a shop soon. It might be only $500 to $700 repair. Choose a good independent.

Thanks guys,

If you get it to a shop soon. It might be only $500 to $700 repair. Choose a good independent.

Is this the best i can do? No DIY? I have a full shop and lift.

Any other input is appreciated.

I was mistaken on the codes being about the solenoid, they are infact

P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction

P0743 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical

May be a simple fix by just replacing the TC solenoid ....

Todd Z

I had that problem once, then I realized I was tapping on it while listening to music! :p

Only kidding. I got a check engine light on (O2 sensor) but I'm like lots of people and don't have the time or money to get it fixed.

Mike,

are you sure it was the 02 ??? there is a common Lean code that is not the 02 and everyone thinks it is..

Todd Z

Latest posts