Flashing Check Engine Light.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James FreemanJr

Reaction score
Went to get off the ramp during rush hour today and had to pretty much floor it to get on and as soon as I got up to some speed the check engine light started to flash at me so I stopped as soon as I could to check the code on my scan gauge and nothing. Soon as I started the trac back up it went away and it doesnt feel any different either (rough idle or sluggish). Anyone every get this? or maybe knows what might of caused it? Just over 100K. Thanks.

The Trac is just one of those vehicles this happens to. There is a glitch either within the ECM or the programming of the ECM as best anyone can tell.

When you turn it off and restart it, the issue is gone like it was never there....

It happens once or twice in the life of the vehicle as best I can tell from reading when this happened to others.

Also be sure it was not the O/D light and it was 100% the CEL..

Todd Z

Those are "misfires". Keep making it happen so that it stays lit and you can get the code. Try to figure out what triggers it.

I had a 300 code driving me nuts, similar conditions, nothing fixed it. There is a TSB about 300 at rpm's over 4800, and the valve springs hanging open.

One day, I changed the water pump, and it doesn't happen any more.

It was for sure the CEL cause I have had the O/D blinking light-o-death before and this wasnt it. Thanks again guys can always count on yall.