Fixing a broken Fog light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Ok,

I had a fog light broken on the Adren.....

I figured a way to cheaply fix it and make it stronger and better then before....

1) Remove the old broken glass ( carefully) It actually just pealed out of the seal....

2) Clean the reflector

3) Places new high temp silicone in the old channel making sure it was higher then the edge..

4) Cut out a 4.5 circle out of LEXAN 1/4 inch thick ( can be bought in small squares for about 5 bucks)

5) Pushed it together, let dry.

Done !!

Total cost to me was $10.00 for the LEXAN since I had about 10 pieces made.. LOL

I had everything I needed...

If you had to buy everything:

$19.00 hole saw

$10 LEXAN ( both lights)

$5.00 tube silicone

$34.00 Complete....

Thoughts ??

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The lexan will hold up forever. It doesnt yellow, break,melt or scratch very easily. Good deal. If I ever need too, thats what I will do. I have the hole saws and I keep the high temp silicone around.:cool:

LOL than you failed Gary,

It broke when they were milling and repaving the LIE about 4 months ago... :banana:

Todd Z

The lexan will hold up forever. It doesnt yellow,

Actually it will yellow eventully. Give it twenty years! Haha. I just built my replacment face for my sub enclosure out of thicker lexan. I was using stuff from my dads shop and the thickest stuff he had was about 25 years old. The paper wouldnt even come off. But i frosted with with the orbitol so all that came off anyway. Looks good Todd

Looks good. Keep us posted on how well it holds up. I'll probably drive into a snowbank and break one of mine at some point. Happened with my '01 Trac.

Latest posts