First gen bed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, it is all one piece as far as the inside of the bed goes. You can replace the panels on the outside, but that is about it.

You need to find a salvage yard with a damaged bed and then have them cut the floor out for you.

I think this will be your best bet.

JK, dont you need that room for the air ?????

Todd Z

I want to take a stock one and cut it and raise it. So it'll be stock looking just raised up. Keep everything underneath the bed this time.

A salvage yard will want $500-$600 for a bed without side panels. Want to ride up to Charlotte? I'll make you a real deal on one that's cracked on the side at the top. Lower sides and floor are still good and you can repair your with that.

81512830e0cad8b594cc9f2a9086cd55.jpg

:) saw a 1 gen bed complete by my house in houston for 500.00 complete. bed ,taillights,tailgate. silver color.

if interested call jim.832-731-4929. (located by hobby airport)

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally wouldn't suggest a boneyard for parts, but when I saw what the box costs, I was like YIKES!!! The bed without the outside panels retails for over $3600!!! :eek:

JK,

So they don't need that much clearance ??? Or your talking cut the inside floor, raise that, so it is stock inside and out, But just not as deep ???

Thats should actually look cool..

Todd Z

That's what I was thinking he was going to do, make a shallow bed.

I normally wouldn't suggest a boneyard for parts, but when I saw what the box costs, I was like YIKES!!!

And no respectable Ford Parts salesman would.........:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, thanks, Steve! :p :lol: There are some parts that I just know I'm not going to sell unless someone REALLY wants to spend that kind of money on their vehicle or they have no choice. Even then, I will try to help them out as much as I can.

Well I got word of a 2001 Trac in a junkyard locally. Gonna go check it out Saturday hopefully. Is there anything someone may want or need?

Latest posts