Finished TRUE Cold Air Intake...(well for now anyway!!)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Finished my TRUE cold air intake today with Todd Z's help in the bitter cold!

I carbon fibered my intake tubes along with installing a new filter. Its the

mustang filter like Todd's. Seems to run better with the mustang filter instead of

the Low Profile Filter from Spectre.

Probably because of the ability to flow more air.

Let me know what you think.

Here are some pics and the project is still to come:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

And filter in the fender:

[Broken External Image]:

paul H:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
paul , looks gooood ! i am in envy of how clean your engine compartment is. btw, a bit chilly today with the 35mph wind gusts !

Looks excellent, great job.

Where can you buy the stuff needed for this to happen, and can you use any or all K&N cold air intake parts?

Jose:cool::cool:

Jose,

The parts are a mixture of used stuff and some mustang stuff... The mustang pipe is 3.5 inches and too big so 3 inch must be used....

For now you need a small Diameter filter, the mustang filter works great.

I was considering assembling and selling kits for people to do this, IT would fit a Stock MAF meter and a C&L meter with no bolt flange like Paul's and Mine..

I did not finalize pricing since the kits would contain all NEW parts, but around $120-$130 shipped would be the cost.

IF people are interested I can assemble some kits ???

Todd Z

Ok,

thanks for replying, and if you decide building the kit, let me know, I will get one, only thing I have the MAF from Explorer Express, so can I use the one I own already instead of using the regulare one you mentioned as part of the kit?

Jose

If any one is interested in the K&N cold air intake, I will sell yu one after I get the one from Todd!!!!

:D:D

Jose,

You will use your K&N kit and your Prom M MAF.... You will just remove your air filter and add the pipe elbow, clamps and drill the hole for the Cold air...

I am not making replacement pipes from the throttle body to the MAF, everyone can simply reuse that stuff...

Todd Z

OK, cool.

So the only thing not reused will be the K&N filter, right? This is the one you will send when you build the package. right?

Jose

thanks everyone.

Adam who is which one....Adam or Jamie?????:unsure::unsure:

Gary thanks for the compliment....simple green and a hose is how i cleaned it and then painted it. are we going to see the 07 at the next bowling meet or what????

paul h:D:D:D

Yes jose...You will not reuse the k&n filter. You will recieve a filter like the one we both

used in the kit.

Paul H:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering.... don't we have to re-tune our engines to take advantage of the increased airflow> Or the PCM would just adapt itself to this? :huh:

Vigilantes,

Paul's ST is untuned, no chip, no Xcal,,, Nothing, NADA !! , he has all this stuff and the truck runs MINT.....

The computer will adapt for what we are doing here, IT may not get you a 12.7 A/F ratio for racing, but a mid 13 is good enough..

We are not increasing the air flow with this, just getting it denser cooler air..

Todd Z

Cool! Not bad for lightly modified 4.0 SOHC. Just asking... Paul, what was your stock RWHP prior to CAI installation? Thanks for the reply.

Mike

Vigilantes....i never dynoed it before any mods. But we did have a stock

sport trac at our dyno day here and he ran if i remember correctly between

165-175 RWHP with over 150,000 miles on it. he was BONE stock not even an

air intake.

paul h

That's amazing with 150K miles and making a dynorun. Now that's what I call Ford tough. Saw a car's engine blow in one of them dynopulls Spike TV a few months ago. Well thanks for the reply and more power to you Todd in fabbing this CAI.

Mike

I had a 01 Sport Trac now have a 07 both of them got the air for the engine from the grille. How is air in the fender well cooler than air from the grille? The stock intake system is a cold air intake. :blink:

Latest posts