Finally !

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew W

Reaction score
Well, it finally arrived ... the Aussie-locker i've been waiting for ! Will be putting it in next Friday & will post pics of the install as well as how it performs ...

What's that ?

Why, it's where you store all those pesky Australians that come to your home to try and "rescue" your pet crocodile, of course. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, PLEASE take pics and let us know, I may be installing one shortly here ( not my trucks, they are both LSD)..

Thank you !!!

Todd Z

That Aussie Locker looks just like the Powertrax unit. It looks more expensive too.

Tom

Actually, it was $253 delivered ... the powertrax was more expensive anywhere I looked ($311 at Summit, $470 for the no-slip traction system, before tax/shipping). Very similar to the powertrax unit (lock-right unit), and for a very good reason - (see link)

Took a bit to get in stock due to production not meeting demand/orders.

Opened the box and it appears to be well made, and the instuctions are a small booklet that is well thought out and easy to read/understand.

Have read alot about it before I made the purchase, and not one bad comment, but plenty of accolades.

Should be interesting !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was seriously considering the Aussie, for the reasons math-you mentioned. Since I have a 4x2, and don't plan on doing any off-road driving, I'm going to stay with the Powertrax No-Slip. The Powertrax No-Slip is designed for street use, but the Aussie and Powertrax lockers are both designed for off-road use.

I wish Aussie made a street version of their locker.