Finally Back!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith McElroy

Reaction score
Finally got back home from helping out in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Sucks because I was all packed up to go to Kentucky for the ST meeting and got the frantic call from family in Iowa. Spent alot of time wading through the nastiest water you can imagine - polluted with oil/fuel, sewage, and other things I didn't really want to know.

They essentially lost everything - flood insurance was not available because they weren't in the "flood plain" and the house was demolished on Friday because it was uninhabitable.

So, not only did I NOT get to go to the ST Meet, I have "guests" living in my home for an indefinite amount of time.

What's next??? :blink:

I just had my inl-aws move back to their house from Hurricane WIlma damage several years back. I have a 900 SF house for just me and my wife. Her family (4 adults plus two dogs) moved in several years ago and just moved out.

It was okay in the beginning but got pretty stressful in the end.

Hang in there - it'll work out in the end.

You're doing the right thing, some people may have looked the other way and let them find their own place to stay. I'm sure its costly enough for them to deal w/ the loss of most of their things. Family is important and you'll be paid back in the future.

You should be commended for helping out. In the meantime:

Where are all of the Hollywood celebrities holding telethons asking for help in restoring Iowa and helping the folks affected by the floods?

Where is all the media asking the tough questions about why the federal government hasn't solved the problem? Asking where the FEMA trucks (and trailers) are?

Why isn't the Federal Government relocating Iowa people to free hotels in Chicago?

When will Spike Lee say that the Federal Government blew up the levees that failed in Des Moines?

Where are Sean Penn and the Dixie Chicks?

Where are all the looters stealing high-end tennis shoes and big screen television sets?

When will we hear Governor Chet Culver say that he wants to rebuild a Vanilla Iowa, because that's the way God wants it?

Where is the hysterical 24/7 media coverage complete with reports of cannibalism?

Where are the people declaring that George Bush hates white, rural people?

How come in 2 weeks, you will never hear about the Iowa flooding ever again?

Tom T, this is an election year. Iowa isn't a very popular area. Hollywood, the media, and the politicians don't care about places that aren't "popular".

Eledhel, I do congratulate you on your courage and willingness to stand by your family. Our prayers are with you and yours. I hope they are able to get back on their feet quickly!

Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear that I am doing the right thing.

I also need to send thanks to Todd for mailing me the goodies from the meet. It really cheered me up.

Keith,

Your quite welcome...... I thought it would be a good idea for those that Paid for the meet and did not show up...... I know most had circumstances beyond their control that did not allow them for showing up....

Todd Z

Latest posts