Finally, a new Sport Trac owner!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, after weeks of shopping around and asking you guys lots of questions (thanks!), I finally gave in and became a proud Sport Trac owner. I actually pick it up tomorrow.

It is a 2007 limited, V8. It is kind of simple and plain for now. I look forward to chatting with you all soon, about ways to improve the performance as well as the looks. For now I just want to get in it. I fly down from Portland, OR to Brentwood, Ca tomorrow afternoon, then I drive it back. I get about 650 miles all alone to check it out:D Thanks again for your help in deciding to go with the Sport Trac.

Congratulations! :)

Is there a break-in period for engines still? Do they recommend varying the RPM for the first ___ miles?

If so, drive with the overdrive on, then off and also change your speed in both modes.

Congrats. I recomend driving it like you stole it for awhile. So the adaptive learning of the transmission learns to shift solid and positive.

Congrats and welcome to the site and ST world !!!

Todd Z

Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the club. Be sure to take lots of pix, people on here are crazed for pix :)

I made it home this morning with the new ST. (It is an 07 that was new on the lot). I hope there wasn't some slow break in period or anything (dealer of course did not mention it) I drove it straight home, about 675 miles, just stopping for gas, doing ~70 most of the way. No problems on the trip! I will take a few pics on Friday and try to post them (I put one from the dealer in my folder). I will respectfuly accept any inputs / tips / advice on mods (performance or looks), though most cost effective ones would be most appealling right now:D

Latest posts